X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some quick notes on the game before bedtime

First and foremost, we won. And we won despite hitting only four 3s and missing 14 FT attempts.

To win a game like that, where we vacillated from tight to sloppy for most of the game, isn't a sign of a good performance, but it is often a sign of a good team, or at least a veteran team.

But we shouldn't sugarcoat this. Hopefully this is a wakeup call to the guys. It's one thing to be tight on offense or cold from the field; it's another to be careless and sloppy. We were all of the above at different times.

If we had simply shot 38% from 3 and 70% from the FT line, we would have scored 11 more points. Throw in the unforced turnovers, and you end up with a poor offensive performance.

On defense, I still wanna see a lot more ball pressure in the halfcourt. We really got a lot of breaks on passes that should have been converted into easy layups and dunks. That being said, we did force 19 turnovers and had NDSU's true shooting percentage at about 37% for the game. We also only allowed 5 offensive rebounds in grabbing 31 defensive rebounds. So, there were some positives on defense. More so than on offense.

I have a feeling that our KenPom on offense is gonna look fairly ugly; but the defensive numbers might not be so bad.

Any word on the extent of the injury to Rackovic?

Comment

Originally posted by 1troydoc View Post
      Any word on the extent of the injury to Rackovic?
      Rolled ankle. Sunday will be a game time decision.
      I cannot stand it when BB players, especially Bigs play in low top shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by bbjunkie View Post

Rolled ankle. Sunday will be a game time decision.
        I cannot stand it when BB players, especially Bigs play in low top shoes.
        I don't think high tops do a thing to stop rolling ankles. I have bad ankles and use Active Ankles, lots of VB players use them, and haven't had a rolled ankle with them in 5+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by VATrojan94 View Post

I don't think high tops do a thing to stop rolling ankles. I have bad ankles and use Active Ankles, lots of VB players use them, and haven't had a rolled ankle with them in 5+ years.
          Any little bit of preventative measure helps. Today's shoes are nothing but lightweight flash that do not enhance performance.

Comment

Originally posted by bbjunkie View Post

Any little bit of preventative measure helps. Today's shoes are nothing but lightweight flash that do not enhance performance.
            I'm gonna have to disagree. I think the shoes are night and day difference today vs. 10-20 years ago. They are lighter but just as much support.

Comment

Ankle braces make a difference--if only psychologically--but they do limit your mobility some. Taping helps, too. It's amazing to me that there aren't more sprained ankles with the amount of jumping and landing in traffic each game contains.

Comment

Originally posted by VATrojan94 View Post

I'm gonna have to disagree. I think the shoes are night and day difference today vs. 10-20 years ago. They are lighter but just as much support.
                We can agree to disagree. Lighter and flimsy does not generate support...the guys literally slip out of the shoes today.

Comment

Working...
                X