X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news....

Apparently Tony Bland has been involved in the corruption scheme this morning....

http://amp.si.com/college-basketball...n-fraud-scheme

Comment

Presser at noon. Not good.
      Last edited by cabrillo_jaguar; 09-26-2017, 07:13 AM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but if it’s Adidas providing money for kids to go to Adidas schools, is the implication that Bland was pointing some kids to schools other than SC? I can’t imagine Adidas was giving Bland money to sign kids for SC, which is a Nike school.

Comment

The central allegation is that the money was to steer athletes to certain sports agents, managers and marketing teams.

Here is the central theme of the indictment:

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	185

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	187

Comment

Louisville apparently gave $100k to a recruit that signed with them, same recruit also had Arizona amongst his finalist. If all of this is true, then I guess G4sc's narrative is wrong? I certainly hope nothing comes out of this but this isn't a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfLA View Post
                Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but if it’s Adidas providing money for kids to go to Adidas schools, is the implication that Bland was pointing some kids to schools other than SC? I can’t imagine Adidas was giving Bland money to sign kids for SC, which is a Nike school.
                Seems to me like the Assistant Coaches that were involved were paid to steer kids to sign with a certain brand after they leave school.

Comment

What do you guys think? Are these coaches done at their schools? Possible jail time?

Comment

If the allegations in the indictment are true, Bland is done and we are in trouble.

Comment

Let's all keep in mind that the FBI has a HIGH conviction rate. I think we're done.

Comment

I'm just going to put it out there, because people are going to be talking about this anyway .... the serious part of the indictment as regards USC is the allegation that Bland set up a $4K payment to (what appears to be) Melton's mom, and another payment of $5K to "a family member" of "a rising freshman" at an LA hotel. Who the second player is .... that is unclear. You all can speculate on that.

Comment

Originally posted by chaseinmanhattan View Post
                          I'm just going to put it out there, because people are going to be talking about this anyway .... the serious part of the indictment as regards USC is the allegation that Bland set up a $4K payment to (what appears to be) Melton's mom, and another payment of $5K to "a family member" of "a rising freshman" at an LA hotel. Who the second player is .... that is unclear. You all can speculate on that.
                          If true, is the best case scenario for USC: Bland gone, Melton ruled ineligible and gone, and the same for the freshman(which I'm guessing is O'Bannon). And then the program gets what penalty? We are still on probation, so we've violated that? What will the NCAA do to the program?

Comment

Originally posted by VATrojan94 View Post

If true, is the best case scenario for USC: Bland gone, Melton ruled ineligible and gone, and the same for the freshman(which I'm guessing is O'Bannon). And then the program gets what penalty? We are still on probation, so we've violated that? What will the NCAA do to the program?
                            Honestly .... I'm not even sure there's a penalty if we jettison Bland right away.

Comment

But we lose the players for sure, right? Love Bland, but we've got to cut him loose asap if we feel this is a pretty iron clad case. Wish a few more schools were involved. It definitely helps deflect some. And the reality is, this goes on all the time. It's just that people aren't caught very often.

Comment

Working...
                              X