X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas A&M boat raced the Okies

SC better bring A game on Sunday

no joke. those guys are beasts. metu and rak had better stay out of foul trouble and be ready to crash. they have 4 dudes that contribute between 6'9" and 6'10" and two of them are tanks. BBB (big bodied boarders) are our nemesis.

our notable advantage is speed. we have 2 PGs and they really don't seem have one natural pg right now (may be wrong on this, freshman pg suspended as is my understanding as well). would be very nice to have de'anthony for this game. he was amazing against them last year and with he, jonah, derryck and jordan...we can run them off the floor....need to pick up full at times, rip them like DM did last year with 12 seconds remaining and get into those lanes. in short, our guards are going to have to do A LOT on both ends of the floor if we wish to win this game.

need a big crowd sunday as well. i dont think it is hyperbole to state that A&M is a possible final four team and i have no idea how they opened the year at #23 in the country. the only possible rationale is two fold: people were afraid to rank them higher with williams being suspended for 2 games and/or pollsters are f***** mo-rons.

but back to the og point.....the aggies are a matchup nightmare. monsters inside and hogg can stretch the defense with his shot (and he's 6'9" too).

of course, need to beat lehigh first. new thread to talk about this one. could be another ndsu game.....

fo!

Comment

Utilize our advantage to push the ball and stretch the floor. Tyler Davis is good, but our team can easily tire him out by running multiple P&R's.

I trust J-Mac with the ball in his hands to make huge shots, and the best decision at all times. I'll definitely be there cheering the team on. Hoping that the Galen will be rocking. Fight on!

Comment

• rocksteadyusc
        rocksteadyusc commented
        Editing a comment
        cj, others...curious as to your thoughts on lehigh. they make me nervous....

First two games we were careless with the ball and could not hit a free throw. USC plays to the competition. I always look to Stewart, if he hits a 3 in the first 3 minutes we win.
      The problem with USC is how to defend, Vandebilt went after Metu and got torched by Jmac

Comment

Gotta make the game fast

Comment

Right now I feel there are a lot of similarities with USC basketball and football. Elite talent with average coaching.

Hopefully A&M doesn’t blow us out.

Comment

Oh boy, TrojanMindSC is now going to make this board like the P. If you support the team you are a sunshine pumper and the other posters will be critical about the coaching whether they win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by 1troydoc View Post
              Oh boy, TrojanMindSC is now going to make this board like the P. If you support the team you are a sunshine pumper and the other posters will be critical about the coaching whether they win or lose.
              lol good lord the Peristyle. It's like the Soviet Union meets USC fans.

Comment

USC beat these guys in their house last year and the teams are pretty much the same except A&M now has better guard play and Thornton can play. Game will come down to who improved more since last year (J-Mac and Bennie for sure so far). Not having Melton available will be a blow and he might be rusty if he can play. Like Vanderbilt, A&M is a tourney-caliber team and will be a good test. Ball movement and open shots > iso against talented teams like A&M.

Comment

We need to rebound well in this game in order to run. It would be helpful to get A&M in an uptempo game.

Comment

Andy Katz picking TAM to win SEC over Kentucky

Comment

Working...
                    X