X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT...Does Sean Miller survive this?

We are going to see how hard the NCAA wants to act here based on what they do with Arizona.

Book Richardson admits on tape that Arizona pays recruits to come to Arizona. You can bet this isn't a one time thing and if the NCAA wants to dig, they would find more.

Going to get really ugly..but I'm afraid of what will happen to our program.

Comment

Originally posted by cabrillo_jaguar View Post
      Going to get really ugly..but I'm afraid of what will happen to our program.
      It is so hard to know because we are dealing with the NCAA, public pressure and a school that will go above and beyond to try and appease the NCAA now. The latter being my greatest fear.

Here are the positives for USC (if you are dealing with rational people):

1) This doesn't seem like a culture problem within the BBall program. It is really hard to make the conclusion that CAE is running a loose, dirty program. The issue dates from July 2017 to now. It would be very hard for CAE to have known.

(Other programs caught had their coaches taking money for over a year and admit that they've done this before)

2) This isn't pay for play - which is really considered the worst violations. Arizona and Louisville are both pay for play and that issue falls directly on the HC and is something that you can't hide from.

3) USC hasn't gained any advantage from this yet. We never played an ineligible player. Bland wasn't doing this as a pay for play.

Comment

It certainly does seem like Bland got in late and this is not a CAE problem, but it isn't out of the question.

Comment

Yeah there seems to only be ONE instance based off the documents that Bland was involved in. Fairly recent but also very late like you two already mentioned. Hoping Louis Freeh and his firm finds absolutely nothing more other than what took place in July.

Comment

I didn't actually notice this at first reading the complaint.

Two Arizona coaches were the Las Vegas meeting. My guess is the 2nd was Joe Pasternack as it says he was a former assistant coach.

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanMindSC View Post
              I didn't actually notice this at first reading the complaint.

Two Arizona coaches were the Las Vegas meeting. My guess is the 2nd was Joe Pasternack as it says he was a former assistant coach.
              Apparently Book Richardson has been flipping names. And also a current player at UofA has already received payments in the past and to steer that said player to Dawkins and his company. Won't mention the name of who I think that player is....

Comment

Working...
              X