X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple Question!

What is Andy Enfield's excuse/explanation for this team?

I'd also like to know how playing and ice cold Bennie Boatwright helps the team? Nic and Usher need more playing time.

Comment

A few more questions:
      Does the coach notice that this team is better with Rokocevic in the game?
      Will this team finish above 500 in the Pac-12 play? Earlier , I thought so, but now, not so much?
      How long will Boatright have the green light?
      When will USC beat another good basketball team?

Just wondering?

Comment

AE excuse after every loss is "We Just Have To Shoot Better". That has been his excuse almost every loss since he has been at SC. If you ever listen to his post game comments that's what he says. Not joking. It's not we have to improve our:3 pt defense, we need to box out and rebound better, we need to run better offense...ect....

Comment

Boatwright vs

Oklahoma: 3-13 and 1-7 from the 3
          SMU: 3-9 and 0-4 from the 3
          Texas A&M: 3-13 and 2-8 from the 3

So 9 - 35 and 3-19 from the 3

Last edited by phear_sc; 12-08-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phear_sc View Post
            Boatwright vs

Oklahoma: 3-13 and 1-7 from the 3
            SMU: 3-9 and 0-4 from the 3
            Texas A&M: 3-13 and 2-8 from the 3

So 9 - 35 and 3-19 from the 3

Benny Blackhole Boatwright

When your teammates are afraid to pass you the ball maybe you should be on the bench.

Comment

Still not too late to turn things around, but losing 3 in a row is not what most had hoped for, at least not early in the season. This is very disappointing and my concern is that the team could totally tank as easily as it might improve.

Also, why not play O'Bannon instead of Aaron? What does SC have to lose? If somebody has to be angry about lack of Playing Time, at this time I would rather see that be Aaron than O'Bannon. Also, how about playing the big kids like Victor? He needs game experience and he is not likely to be at SC more than 4 years.

Comment

• aauscout
                aauscout commented
                Editing a comment
                Obannon doesn’t play cause he ain’t ready to help...don’t let that Mickey dee AA fool u...

Originally posted by michaeldavidson View Post
              What is Andy Enfield's excuse/explanation for this team?
              He isn’t a very good coach. There was a reason I’ve said USC has actually underachieved the last 2 years.

Comment

• eeks2284
                eeks2284 commented
                Editing a comment
                Last year was underachievement for you? No one had USC close to making the tournament preseason and they won 2 games and almost a 3rd.

• TrojanMindSC
                TrojanMindSC commented
                Editing a comment
                CAE has done a good job of lowering expectations and the media bought it. If you were going to rank USC in the conference based on experience and top-50 recruits (or top-100), USC should have finished in the top-4 of the conference last year.

CAE actually also benefited from underachieving the year before, because it lowered expectations for last year.
                Last edited by TrojanMindSC; 12-08-2017, 11:31 PM.

Starting to look like Enfield is a better recruiter than coach. Let’s see how the year plays out. Whoever he adds to the staff should be a technical guy or someone who is a wizard with big men where we’ve underachieved.

Comment

I'm not sure it's an excuse, but not having Melton especially with Thornton out now the last 2 losses is really hurting. If Bland kept his nose clean, USC and Melton wouldn't be in this situation. Playing Melton before he's cleared could mean forfeiting games and likely Enfield getting canned, so I understand the conservative approach. As for the current rotation, Mathews isn't used to playing point and the team is leaning a lot on J-Mac playing pretty much the whole game to create for others, protect the ball and score points. He couldn't handle all that and guard one of the best scorers in college tonight. USC is deep enough where if a shooter is cold or is becoming a black hole on offense, Enfield doesn't have to play him: both Bennie and Aaron were horrible so Rak and Usher got more run.

From my perspective, the biggest thing killing USC this season is turnovers of all stripes. Travels, charges, moving picks, no look passes to the other team. It's just poor basketball and I'm not sure if it's frustration, lack of focus or getting stuck on summer league rules (lack thereof). OU getting calls that USC wasn't didn't help either. In the end, USC had a chance to win a game they had no business being in and that was mostly because OU went ice cold while Metu and Rak became more aggressive in the paint. USC will always need to hit outside shots to win like Stewart was able to, but setting Metu and Rak up for easy shots and put backs will be key all season. The Pac 12 has had a horrible OOC and USC will need a top 3 conference finish to make the tournament.

To do so, they're going to need to lean on both Melton and Thornton. It'd also be nice to see a side of Boatwright where he lets the game come to him rather than forcing bad decisions. He's playing himself into the G-league at this point. The team still has potential to be dangerous, but right now they're hurting and need more of the players with NBA aspirations to step up.
                Last edited by eeks2284; 12-08-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Obannon doesn’t play cause he ain’t ready to help...don’t let that Mickey dee AA fool u...

Comment

CAE needs to recruit sum canines

Comment

Originally posted by aauscout View Post
                      CAE needs to recruit sum canines
                      Carl Lewis and Big O.

Comment

Boatwright is shooting the Trojans out of contention.
                        It would be better if he not shoot than shoot. He may come around, but it will
                        take time.
                        HC doesn't seem to be good a making adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by aauscout View Post
                          Yup. Look - maybe him and Victor develop, but as of now, we whiffed on those 2.

Comment

• aauscout
                            aauscout commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Chuck doesnt run down the court. he prances. As far as Victor, I think in time he will be a player. Give him a year or two. No gamble with a footer with his upside! And believe me, Weaver and Porter are playas
                        Working...
                        X