X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCSB i am calling it now

The NCAA clears dmelt, two hours before tipoff. They will want him back for conference because arizona st is hot

I don't see Melton THAT big of a difference. Terrific player but SC has looked awful all year outside of McLaughlin. This is supposed to be SC's deepest team ever and one of the best teams in school history. They have put themselves in position where they need to win the conference to get into the tournament. Anyone see that happening? Or even winning the conference tournament?

Massive coaching failure.

Program is also cursed. EVERY TIME this program takes a coupe of steps forward, something happens.

The publicity SC got last year all season long was terrific. This year they'll be making big news....the wrong kind. Most disappointing, overrated team in the nation. At this point, i just hope the recruits stick around.

Comment

FCH I didn't think he would make that big a difference but now I'm convinced he will. He can guard a good point guard if he has to and can also can be a PG on offense as need be. Add to that his steals and blocks which we really miss. He will make everything flow just a little better..

Comment

Originally posted by G4sc View Post
        FCH I didn't think he would make that big a difference but now I'm convinced he will. He can guard a good point guard if he has to and can also can be a PG on offense as need be. Add to that his steals and blocks which we really miss. He will make everything flow just a little better..
        Agreed. His versatility brings a much needed dynamic. Also can't question the positive effect it'll bring to the team once he's finally in the clear and back on the court with his brothers. With Thornton out an extended amount of time, he'll be able to play the combo guard role in the offense. Hope his situation is cleared soon. Can't wait to put all of this behind us and get our team back on a winning streak heading into the Diamond Head Classic.

Comment

Won't make any difference if BB just jacks up 37 foot brick after brick while playing matador defense.

Comment

Originally posted by cabrillo_jaguar View Post

Agreed. His versatility brings a much needed dynamic. Also can't question the positive effect it'll bring to the team once he's finally in the clear and back on the court with his brothers. With Thornton out an extended amount of time, he'll be able to play the combo guard role in the offense. Hope his situation is cleared soon. Can't wait to put all of this behind us and get our team back on a winning streak heading into the Diamond Head Classic.
            Assuming he's the missing piece (and he's certainly going to help), getting him back pre Hawaii is a must. I almost think winning the Hawaii tourney is going to be a necessity to make the dance.

We have so few top 50 games left after Miami b/c of this garbage conference, and both Arizona and ASU are on the road, we aren't winning those. That means we really need to go 14-4 or so in conf to just get a slew of top 100 wins (and 1000% cannot have a single bad loss) and have a gaudy win total, and THEN get lucky with playing people good in Vegas. We've all followed this program for years - anyone believe this team and coach is capable of that? Didn't think so. We NEED that Miami win.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyD View Post
              Won't make any difference if BB just jacks up 37 foot brick after brick while playing matador defense.
              Bennie is going to run out of rope sooner than later. With Melton coming back and if Nik / Usher can show they're capable of handling more PT, I bet we continue to see less and less of his nonsense.

At that point the light is either going to come on, or it won't.

Comment

Working...
              X