X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I watch the whole game with the sound off?

I hate Bill Walton.

Why is bill Walton still allowed to talk into a microphone. He is such a piece of shit.

Comment

Walton is on a bad acid trip tonight

Comment

As bad as Bill Walton is, I would rather listen to him than that the no-class DJ at the game. SC hired that clown in desperation to create some atmosphere when then team was terrible because they sacrificed it in a miscalculated gambit to spare the football team. It was a bad move then and it is inexcusable to still him around now.

Does anyone notice how dead the crowd is in there? I used to make noise but I am not making a peep if that idiot tells me to cheer.

Comment

I couldn't stand listening to him. Sometimes he drones on and on, about things that are totally unrelated to the game. Other times he openly roots against us. And he has the nerve to flash the Fight On! symbol. I had the sound on for a few seconds, but when I heard his voice, I had to turn the sound off. I listened to the whole game without sound. It was much better, and we won! Santa Clara was really bad, but it allowed our team to get back on track. Maybe it will stick for at least the next game.

The sports broadcasting network must be desperate for broadcasters to hire him. He works for ESPN and PAC12.

Comment

That's what I did

Comment

My first thought was Walton was drunk. Then I thought Well, he's just so full of himself he thinks we're not interested in the game but want to hear about the head of the English Department, or movies he's seen or what book he's been reading or players he knew ... My third thought was He's drunk, especially when the camera turned toward him. I tried listening to the radio but the two second differential makes it frustrating. Why does the Pac12 Network put up with him?

Comment

The play by play guy is pretty sharp, I have heard them before together. He calls out Walton on his BS all the time

Comment

If you'd like to voice your objection to Bill Walton, here's a link: https://support.pac-12.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Comment

Originally posted by SCBert View Post
                    As bad as Bill Walton is, I would rather listen to him than that the no-class DJ at the game. SC hired that clown in desperation to create some atmosphere when then team was terrible because they sacrificed it in a miscalculated gambit to spare the football team. It was a bad move then and it is inexcusable to still him around now.

Does anyone notice how dead the crowd is in there? I used to make noise but I am not making a peep if that idiot tells me to cheer.
                    lol the DJ doesn’t bother me that much. Did you prefer Petros instead?

Comment

Yes, Bill Walton is hard to listen to. He rambles and philosophizes and generally wanders off on tangents that have nothing to do with the game. But, he is not a "hater" of USC. If you had the sound on you would have heard numerous times how great USC is, how they have a great tradition, how they bring 8 billion dollars to the LA economy, etc. He was full of facts and quite laudatory. When I have heard him in the past, he has also been complimentary to USC. He generally says nice things about everyone.

Comment

Did you guys hear Walton let out this shrill, semi-neurotic sounding chuckle several times during the telecast -- sounded like he's losing his sanity (if he ever had it)!

Comment

He was rooting against us at the end of the OU game. "Pass the ball" he was yelling when OU had the ball. He really hates us, and just compliments us to keep his job.

Comment

Bert - I totally agree with you about the "DJ". He adds nothing to the game and really ruins the atmosphere. Is he supposed to spin records or act as a pseudo 30 year old cheerleader? I especially despise his use of the theme from the Andy Griffiths Show every time a white opponent shoot free throws. Its such a classless and embarrassing move and I can't believe USC allows it.

Comment

couldn't disagree more on the DJ; he's great. The place is a morgue w/o him, he fires everyone up, plays music, etc.

Do I wish we packed the place and didn't need a freaking DJ to create excitement? Yes. Is that realistic? Nope.

Comment

Working...
                              X