X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me get this straight... person takes money without players knowledge or consent

And that player is now ineligible, period. Everything I read says if "family friend' took the money, Melton is ineligible, and that is why SC is so edgy. So now it is a matter of determining if "family friend" did indeed take the money, which is pretty difficult, so Melton suffers.

To be honest this has diminished my enthusiasm for what was supposed to be a great season big time.

First off, since the FBI was the one with the money bag, the whole thing stinks. I was afraid of this President Nikki is just a total loser.

Comment

Originally posted by USCJohnMac View Post
      And that player is now ineligible, period. Everything I read says if "family friend' took the money, Melton is ineligible, and that is why SC is so edgy. So now it is a matter of determining if "family friend" did indeed take the money, which is pretty difficult, so Melton suffers.
      Let’s just assume the family friend took the money and that it is actually an NCAA violation.

There have been hundreds of NCAA cases where a player/ family received an impermissible benefit. Usually there is a minor suspension and that’s it.

Right now the penalty is worse for the action they can’t prove then if they could prove it happened.

Comment

I am beginning to wonder out loud if Melton's playing days may be done at USC. I absolutely hope to be wrong, and I have no inside information. I simply don't trust the NCAA or the school to clear him. To think he may be an innocent victim is not comforting on any level.

Comment

First of all the "family friend" didn't take the money...period. This is an over reaction due to our Admin's lack of effort in fighting the Reggie Bush case years ago. We don't want to be a "repeat offender" within a certain time period as designated by the NCAA. Now don't ask me why him playing has anything to do (other than forfeiting games played) with being a repeat offender because the NCAA can rule him ineligible later after they do their investigation.

Comment

Working...
          X