X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No thread about the game tonight

I guess with being down even by a point to Princeton at home in the second half there isn't much to say.

Talent on this team was way overrated. And the coaching is about as bad as it gets. Guess that should cover it

Comment

Slow rotations on defense, lack of effort on the glass and players making the same mistakes over and over again. What more is there to say?

Comment

I agree. Every opponent we have played has better ball movement and half court game then us. Last time i checked Princeton had 16 assists to USC's 7. Except for JMac every USC player takes terrible shots. USC has been lost defensively all season.Seems like every opponent has a good shooting game against them.

Comment

Coaching, coaching, coaching.

Comment

Got Metu out in the perimeter on a zone attempting to steal a pass then gets beat leaving the lane wide open? Why?????

Comment

Getting schooled by a team with a much higher basketball IQ.

Comment

Let me get this straight, you have a Clear mismatch with Chimezie Metu and you allow the freshmen to chuck up 3’s in OT rather than attempt to slow the game down and limit Princeton’s possessions? Got it. We deserved to lose this game and clearly undeserving of the preseason hype.

Comment

We are just awful on defense. It is pathetic that Elijah Stewart as a SR has never learned how to play defense given his athletic gifts. It isn't like he has cement feet like Bennie, yet he players matador defense.

Comment

• swamdog
                    swamdog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Stewart could be one of the worst defensive players I have ever seen. Like he doesn't take no pride in guarding his man or defending his zone. Always looking for the hero block. And you can put Metu in that group with Boatwright as well. Anybody who watched that defense could clearly see guys were running around on defense like a chicken with its head cut off. No structure. Hard to believe at high level D-1 program.

Giving up over 100 points to Princeton is beyond pathetic.
                  Elijah Stewart is a good spot up shooter but he gives the team NOTHING else. When the team is at full strength he should come off the bench. He doesn't play any defense,rebound,or have any passing ability.
                  Tonight's loss is embarrassing and i don't want to hear about the guys who didn't play.

Comment

Marty:
                    this team will be lucky to be 500 in league. I see almost no way this team makes the NCAA unless by some miracle they win the Pac 12 Tournament. This is not the worst SC team I have seen, but it might be the most disappointing. I was actually very optimistic at the start of the season, but there is now absolutely NO REASON to feel that way.

And oh by the way, I still have no reason to think we will see Melton play this season.

Comment

Usher had a decent game, but didn't box out on that 3 at the end of the shot clock and that basically sealed it. Pretty sad that O'Bannon, Henderson and Victor can't be relied on for production at this point in the season. Even though USC had more athleticism, I wonder if all of the zone was due to the shortened rotation and keeping players fresher and out of foul trouble. Impressed they were able to force OT being down so much, but if they didn't have so many dumb plays and missed opportunities they wouldn't have needed to come back in the first place. I'll never understand why this team has so much trouble defending the 3. Disappointing loss and unless they sweep the Arizona schools, USC probably isn't dancing in March.

Comment

Originally posted by eeks2284 View Post
                        I wonder if all of the zone was due to the shortened rotation and keeping players fresher and out of foul trouble.

Our main defense is a 2-3 zone. It is because in man to man, teams can basically get whatever they want against our D. Unfortunately our zone isnt much better.

Comment

• eeks2284
                          eeks2284 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, I know Bland and Hart brought the Syracuse zone to SC, but USC still plays man when the matchup makes sense. Princeton qualifies as a good matchup for man given the size advantages, but I'm guessing Enfield didn't feel like he had the horses tonight to really exploit it.

They don’t deserve to be in the NCAA. They’ve blown their chances on a remarkable season. Sure you can blame some on the FBI investigation but for all the hype in the preseason and National media and the players that decided to come back. They fizzled and have proven they don’t belong. Bring on the CBI!

Comment

Working...
                        X