X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Enfield

finally going to admit, he isn’t a good coach. He clearly had the talent and athleticism advantage tonight vs an inferior opponent but never saw any adjustments in removing the zone defense. Metu had his way in the 2H and thank goodness for JMac’s play to allow the game into OT. However, I would’ve rather have it ended in regulation. It’s an absolute disgust on how the team performed in OT vs a 15 pt underdog. Who’s only played TWICE in the city of LA in it’s programs history. This reminded me of the game vs Penn at the Forum when Bibby was around. A complete embarrassment to us fans and to the program.

Originally posted by cabrillo_jaguar View Post
    finally going to admit, he isn’t a good coach.
    He hasn't been a good coach since day 1, but he has accomplished what USC needed from him.

He took a team with almost no high major D1 talent and infused it with a significant amount of talent.

Unfortunately though, since USC has no expectations in basketball, he could make excuses and consistently underachieve compared to our talent level and on-court experience. We underachieved in year 2 with him, which lowered expectations last year, but in reality we also underachieved last year.

We play no defense, we can't press, we can't play zone, we can't play man to man. We don't run a real offense (we can't be Golden State) and it means bunch of bad shots and players that should be getting touches not seeing the ball for extended periods of time (which then causes that player to force a shot). We lack basic fundamentals and our coach still has no clue on a rotation or starting line-up.

Comment

I agree. No in game adjustments, and no game plan to exploit the other team’s weaknesses. It’s all simply outshoot and out score your opponent. He prefers to play fast and run run run. But you cannot have that type of identity, if your team isn’t willing to rebound. There isn’t no toughness, no dog and no guts. That’s a complete reflection on the Coach. I have yet to see him hold any of his players accountable during the games on the sidelines. He’s great at hounding officials but he’s making it too easy on his players. Shame that this team and this season had so much promise. We’re 10 games in and we’ve completely regressed from last season. Unbelievable. But this is USC Basketball....

Comment

you know I thought chase back when the Texas A&M loss was being over dramatic but he completely has a point now. To the sunshine pumpers SC LOST to a 4-6 Princeton team. AT HOME. Enfield will truly be a magician if he dig out of that Death Star sized holed.

Comment

Once again USC sacrificed basketball to the ncaa. We have 2 more wins with Melton.

I was an adamant Enfield supporter even early on when we were losing so badly. I thought this would be our year. With just a little improvement from the returners and some good contributions from thornton and the frosh we’d be an elite 8 caliber team.

Unfortunately that just hasn’t happened.

Someone please explain to me why every team we play looks like the best 3 point shooting team
          in the world? No, seriously, explain it to me.

Right now the only two big time players we have on the team are metu and mclaughlin. I was at the game and Metu DESPERATELY wanted to win. Same with McLaughlin. And they produced. It wasn’t perfect but damn it they fought. Not saying others didn’t have the same fire - but it was most visibly obvious with Metu/McLaughlin. Also worth mentioning that Usher plays with all his heart as well. If he keeps that attitude day in and day out he’ll grow into a star. There is no replacement for hard work - especially at practice. And no replacement for effort - especially during games.

We look like we run half an offense. Whatever Enfield is doing he needs to change and he needs to change NOW.

Enfield needs to replace Bland with someone who is an ourstanding tactition.
          Last edited by phear_sc; 12-20-2017, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phear_sc View Post
            Once again USC sacrificed basketball to the ncaa. We have 2 more wins with Melton.

I was an adamant Enfield supporter even early on when we were losing so badly. I thought this would be our year. With just a little improvement from the returners and some good contributions from thornton and the frosh we’d be an elite 8 caliber team.

Unfortunately that just hasn’t happened.

Someone please explain to me why every team we play looks like the best 3 point shooting team
            in the world? No, seriously, explain it to me.

Right now the only two big time players we have on the team are metu and mclaughlin. I was at the game and Metu DESPERATELY wanted to win. Same with McLaughlin. And they produced. It wasn’t perfect but damn it they fought. Not saying others didn’t have the same fire - but it was most visibly obvious with Metu/McLaughlin. Also worth mentioning that Usher plays with all his heart as well. If he keeps that attitude day in and day out he’ll grow into a star. There is no replacement for hard work - especially at practice. And no replacement for effort - especially during games.

We look like we run half an offense. Whatever Enfield is doing he needs to change and he needs to change NOW.

Enfield needs to replace Bland with someone who is an ourstanding tactition.
            A part of the "regression" definitely has to be De'Anthony Melton being absent but we came into the season thinking this was the MOST talented and deepest USC team in history. Then the scrimmage vs San Diego State happened, which most of us didn't take too seriously because it was a scrimmage then the lackluster showing vs North Dakota happened, which again most of us weren't really too concerned because they pulled away with the victory and Thanksgiving was upon us, then the embarassment at home vs a Top 20 ranked TAMU team happenened, which some of us were a bit concerned but pointed out that the shots they usually make weren't falling. Since then, the team has CONTINUED to regress even vs UCSB where JMac was an assist away from breaking the conference record, the same issues and defencies still remain - bad shot selections, slow lackluster effort on rotations and closing out on shots, missed free throws, and clearly no effort to rebound! Those defencies are traits of a BAD team, regardless in any level of basketball. Closing out, rotating on defense, boxing out and converting your free throws....THOSE ARE ALL BASIC FUNDAMENTALS that your Coach is supposed to have taught you or instill into the concept of winning basketball games. Where is the blame being placed at; FBI Investigation? Tony Bland? De'Anthony Melton? Missing 3 starter/heavy rotational players? Nope. Unacceptable to lose to an Ivy League team at home. What continues to happen is that when there seems to be a glimmer of hope of our program taking the next step to become a prennial/respectable program, there always seems to be something that prevents that from transpiring & this year despite coming into the season ranked in the top 10, having "NBA" caliber players decide to come back, adding a McDonalds AA player onto the roster..that doesn't seem to be enough to get us over the hump & I for one am tired of it.

Comment

If we were told before the season that a Pac 12 team would be ranked #3 on December 20 that isn’t Arizona, we all would have guessed USC. Maybe we can hire Bobby Hurley after Enfield is fired.

Comment

I'm hurting right now. It is tough to win when Bennie, Thorton, Melton and Matthews were all watching on the side-lines. Aaron, Obannon and Usher (love his heart and passion!) are not ready for that many minutes, but we don't have choice with injuries. But our men on troy Fight On, but ran out of gas. Got to keep supporting our team. Let us get healthy, and maybe get Melton back and hopefully get into the tourney in March. There are still a lot of time to build our March Madness resume. Fight On with positivity 🎅✌

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanMindSC View Post

We play no defense, we can't press, we can't play zone, we can't play man to man. .

Princeton was averaging 67 points a game, and scored 86 on SC..... in a home game for SC.

Comment

Matador defense in our man to man and guys are lost in space in a zone and they don't box out well in either defense.
                    On another note, I as well as most here,overrated the talent on this team. I expected most,if not all, the returning players to improve. Also, with two recent NCAA appearances you would think that experience would translate to a more focused,disciplined team. This team has somehow regressed from what we have seen the last two seasons. MOST of the players on this team need to get their points and this thought process has hurt the team.

Comment

Working...
                    X