X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not an excuse, but SCs handling of Melton situation is impacting the team

And you could see it coming a mile away. It is as if SC intentionally chose the course of action that would have the most negative impact on the team. At the outset I said they should declare him ineligible indefinitely, and if things changed, then great. Mind said they should declare him ineligible and ask the NCAA to reinstate. Either of these two things would have taken the daily drama out of the thing, which is what we now have. You have Melton's family and attorney in the paper, which is completely understandable, you have players tweeting out on the subject, and you have the coach being asked about it constantly. It is one massive distraction. The only sensible reason SC should have taken the course they have is if they fully expected it to be a couple of games, and that obviously wasn't the case. Now what? is it still right around the corner? If it is, then why hasn't it happened this deep into the season? Is he not going to play again, which seems more likely by the day, but if that is the case are we going to do this for the rest of the year? It is hard to believe that people get paid to be this incompetent.

At this point with this many injuries to the guards, there is no reason not to unleash melton. We are in a conference that will not get more than 3 or 4 bids. We also do not get Arizona or ASU the two best teams at home. Beating Zona in vegas not going to happen. We will have no chance at a quality win unless melton plays in Hawaii and we somehow beat Miami in championship game. I think we can still get to 20 wins, but I don't see us having any quality wins. Maybe Oregon, Utah and UCLA but even those teams don't look good enough to be resume builders. Too many landmines of bad rpi pac 12 teams. What happens if we don't show up in Colorado or can't beat Oregon State in Corvalis.

Comment

Maybe people do not remember, but when they needed a NCAA ruling on Jamesis Winston or Cam Newton or Manziel, it came in hours. Why does ours take months. We are a big player, how about throwing our weight around. But it is not just the NCAA, we have lawyers. Just say we reviewed and found nothing, we did our due diligence and found nothing. Just play the guy, our administration is just horrible

Comment

Originally posted by Section118 View Post
        we have lawyers. Just say we reviewed and found nothing, we did our due diligence and found nothing. Just play the guy, our administration is just horrible
        This is all the NCAA cares about. If USC says they took steps to investigate and took proactive measures, the NCAA won't even look into this.

What is funny is that USC is making the situation worse but bringing attention to it - we probably never hear about anything at Alabama, Miami, Okie State, Arizona because those schools have closed the door on the issue and the NCAA doesn't really want to be part of this investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsinformationdirector View Post
          At this point with this many injuries to the guards, there is no reason not to unleash melton. We are in a conference that will not get more than 3 or 4 bids. We also do not get Arizona or ASU the two best teams at home. Beating Zona in vegas not going to happen. We will have no chance at a quality win unless melton plays in Hawaii and we somehow beat Miami in championship game. I think we can still get to 20 wins, but I don't see us having any quality wins. Maybe Oregon, Utah and UCLA but even those teams don't look good enough to be resume builders. Too many landmines of bad rpi pac 12 teams. What happens if we don't show up in Colorado or can't beat Oregon State in Corvalis.
          Actually think we'll see the opposite. The season is over. Why risk playing him at all now? We can say to the NCAA "look, we weren't sure on this kid, so we totally burned him and threw him to the wolves, just like you'd have wanted us to (and unlike those cheaters in Tucson and Stillwater). Now pretty please be nice to us???"

Guaranteed that's the way USC compliance, who's 100% running this, is looking at this. I think the disaster start will just embolden them even more now to stick it to the kid.

Comment

Working...
          X