X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taeshon Cherry

I see he is reopening his recruitment so it looks like we only have a two man class coming in unless we sign someone in the late signing period.
    Anyone else a bit suspicious about this player with the Bland situation?

The player was Brooks.

Comment

Well that does make some sense. Wonder why Cherry has bailed? He seemed to be excited to be a Trojan and even had his grandfather posting about it. Big loss here.

Comment

Originally posted by cabrillo_jaguar View Post
        The player was Brooks.
        Are you sure? The indictment said the player was 17 at the time and Brooks was already 18 then.

Comment

Also speaking of recruits, does anyone know if Porter and Weaver signed Letters of Intent or just Financial Aid Agreements? I remember seeing somewhere that they may only sign the latter with the questions surrounding the FBI investigation still looming over the program. If they did just sign Financial Aid Agreements, they're still technically free to go elsewhere if they choose to do so. Really hoping that doesn't happen.

Comment

• USCJohnMac
            USCJohnMac commented
            Editing a comment
            LOIs, I believe

Originally posted by TBU View Post

Are you sure? The indictment said the player was 17 at the time and Brooks was already 18 then.
          Yep. Definitely sure.

Comment

Hey Marti, yeah CAE doesn’t plan on signing anyone else.

Comment

Hey aauscout,you're an asshole!

Comment

Thanks to the greed of Tony Bland he has put USC basketball back to the dark ages.
                Just when you think there was hope, he crushed it with his need to make 13k more on
                top his 200k + salary.
                And the shoe company obviously has to take the blame for they started this whole mess.

Comment

Originally posted by cabrillo_jaguar View Post

Yep. Definitely sure.
                  Turns out the recruit was indeed, Cherry. The age given in the indictment just didn't match for it to Brooks. Why were you so sure it was Brooks?
                  Taeshon Cherry is identified as USC recruit mentioned in FBI probe into Trojans assistant Tony Bland.

Comment

So, then, why did Brooks bail?
                    Last edited by Eltrojano; 12-26-2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBU View Post

Turns out the recruit was indeed, Cherry. The age given in the indictment just didn't match for it to Brooks. Why were you so sure it was Brooks?
                      WOW. Definitely my mistake. was given first hand info that’s Brooks was the recruit involved because of the timing and apparent rendezvous in LV during the summer. Taeshon fwiw also deleted his twitter account...

Comment

It sounds like anyone that Bland was recruiting was dropped.

Comment

I see him getting Crystal Balls to ASU now. Wouldn't everything that's gone on make it difficult for another school to sign him without some question of his eligibility?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSuperFan View Post
                            I see him getting Crystal Balls to ASU now. Wouldn't everything that's gone on make it difficult for another school to sign him without some question of his eligibility?
                            Not if what his granddad says is true

Paul Phipps, Cherry’s grandfather, said USC coaches stopped speaking to Cherry in recent weeks, leading to the change of plans.

“I just feel like USC decided that anybody associated with Tony Bland is probably someone they didn’t want to be associated with,” said Phipps, who attended business school at USC and served as general manager of the San Diego Clippers.

“My grandson is a great kid. He certainly has not done anything that in any way would jeopardize his eligibility in any way to be at USC. The fact they have really backed away from him is disappointing.

“It’s like the hangover from Reggie Bush has left USC so risk intolerant. I get it. I’m a big USC guy. But come on.”

Comment

Working...
                            X