X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TroyD View Post

Not if what his granddad says is true

Paul Phipps, Cherry’s grandfather, said USC coaches stopped speaking to Cherry in recent weeks, leading to the change of plans.

“I just feel like USC decided that anybody associated with Tony Bland is probably someone they didn’t want to be associated with,” said Phipps, who attended business school at USC and served as general manager of the San Diego Clippers.

“My grandson is a great kid. He certainly has not done anything that in any way would jeopardize his eligibility in any way to be at USC. The fact they have really backed away from him is disappointing.

“It’s like the hangover from Reggie Bush has left USC so risk intolerant. I get it. I’m a big USC guy. But come on.”
    His grandfather may be out of the loop-- it sounds like the LA Times source saw the real transcript or maybe even heard the tapes naming Cherry as the recruit in question. His grandfather sounds awesome and I'm sad to lose him along with Taeshon actually.

Comment

I thought something may have been up when he didn't sign during the early signing period.

Comment

Wonder if any school is willing to take him despite his eligibility being up in the air...see Billy Preston at Kansas.

Comment

I hope somehow this works out. We really need him.

Comment

Originally posted by phear_sc View Post
            I hope somehow this works out. We really need him.
            Ship has sailed...

Comment

Originally posted by usernamealreadytaken View Post

His grandfather may be out of the loop-- it sounds like the LA Times source saw the real transcript or maybe even heard the tapes naming Cherry as the recruit in question. His grandfather sounds awesome and I'm sad to lose him along with Taeshon actually.
              Not sure but 15 schools contacted Cherry including ucla. It doesn't sound like they're too worried.

Comment

Working...
              X