X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing Out the Recruiting Class

With Taeshon out of the picture, I honestly am not sure how the Class ends up.

i know we are looking at Tevian Jones, who has transferred from Arizona to Culver City, and added a couple inches in height. At this point Jones is comparable to Jordan Usher and Shaqquan in terms of height and style.

I would still love to add a big who can bang a bit more. To me, it looks like Jordan and Nick will be our starting 4/5 next season. It’d be nice if we could add a big banger to compliment them off the bench.

Chase, how big is Tevian Jones and do we have a shot at landing him?

Comment

Tevian will probably wind up becoming a priority with Taeshon our of the picture. He’s improved a lot since I seen him during the summer with Cal Supreme. Came away with the impression that he’s strictly a lane/slasher type of wing. He’s added quite a bit to his offensive game.

Would also like to see the staff look for a post player in the form of a graduate transfer. Rak should be steady and no telling how much Victor is going to improve but would be nice to get a bruiser or someone who can stretch out the floor.
      Last edited by cabrillo_jaguar; 12-24-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1troydoc View Post
        Chase, how big is Tevian Jones and do we have a shot at landing him?
        We are definitely in the picture.

if you watch newer videos of Tevian, he appears to be about 6’7” or so with long arms.

Comment

Victor U. needs to develop and a real big concern is that Rak can't stay on the court very long as he commits way too many fouls. A grad transfer who loves to rebound would be very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by chaseinmanhattan View Post
            With Taeshon out of the picture, I honestly am not sure how the Class ends up.

i know we are looking at Tevian Jones, who has transferred from Arizona to Culver City, and added a couple inches in height. At this point Jones is comparable to Jordan Usher and Shaqquan in terms of height and style.

I would still love to add a big who can bang a bit more. To me, it looks like Jordan and Nick will be our starting 4/5 next season. It’d be nice if we could add a big banger to compliment them off the bench.
            What about Victor?

Comment

Victor looks like a major project to me. I would not expect him to contribute much. Work hard and prove me wrong, Vic! You can’t teach size...

Comment

Working...
              X