X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprised the dominos haven't begun to fall yet

Thought we would see more decisive actions from the programs "caught" committing major NCAA violations (I deem USC's relatively minor to other programs listed).

Alabama, Arizona & Miami all have been accused of significant pay to play violations. If these allegations came out individually, these programs would be looking at significant post season bans and HC coaches getting fired. Yet, Alabama's response is we fired the staffer responsible and there is nothing to see here. Sean Miller job seems save and Miami response is they are investigating.

Then you have South Carolina saying that they are not under FBI investigation which they are equating to no NCAA violations and Auburn placing all the blame on Chuck Person.

Outside of Louisville/ Bowen, we haven't seen a single player ruled ineligible/ suspended or a single program go beyond firing the accused.

They are still investigating but I'll be surprise if Miller isn't fired.

Comment

I just read on Twitter that all of the team practiced today. I’m assuming that the University is confident that no player will be ruled ineligible if not one player is being held out. Maybe I’m just grasping for any positive news.

Comment

Originally posted by 1troydoc View Post
        I just read on Twitter that all of the team practiced today. I’m assuming that the University is confident that no player will be ruled ineligible if not one player is being held out. Maybe I’m just grasping for any positive news.
        Why would you hold someone out of practice? Until more facts are known, it would be irresponsible of the university to hold anyone out of practice. It only hurts the player and doesn't impact the university yet.

Also, for all we know, the NCAA might decide the player isn't to blame and only suspend them a few games.

Comment

By the way, we really haven’t discussed that Rawle Alkins has a broken foot and is out 9 to 12 weeks.

Comment

Just watched the press conference. Scott Wolf has confirmed to me how much of a dick he really is.

Comment

Before we all jump to conclusions and assume the worst, lets also remember that there is no hard evidence yet that any player's family took money.

In every instance that involves USC, the last person to be seen with the money was Christian Dawkins. This does mean we have to draw conclusions about how the interactions ended.

One conclusion is that Dawkins pocket the money for himself. This is the same guy that stole money from his NBA clients so why wouldn't he take it from his partners? All the indictment says is the Dawkins keeps saying the amounts that others are asking for.

Another alternative is Bland made an introduction (without mentioning money) and at the end of the meeting, Dawkins did offer money and maybe on of the player's family refused. I don't believe taking a meeting is an NCAA violation, so the players family can easily admit a meeting and say money was offered and rejected. Would be very hard to prove that money was actually exchanged given the details of the indictment.

Comment

For the other schools it is kinda biz as usual when it comes to the NCAA, especially since the NCAA was in the dark and has to play catch up. For SC, it seems like they are gathering as much info as possible before discussing publicly, but that has to happen soon, like Monday.
                Last edited by USCJohnMac; 09-30-2017, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Well, it is a good thing to get all the facts before jumping to conclusions.
                  The accused do have the right to a fair trial, and the FBI have to prove their accusations
                  beyond a doubt.
                  If true it is a serious crime considering the circumstances. And the culprit(s) should be
                  punished.
                  But if not true, do not want to ruin a persons career and kids lives by false accusations.

Comment

Well from what I heard Melton’s mom is pissed becuz she said she didn’t get anything...I don’t know about the other player..

Comment

• cabrillo_jaguar
                      cabrillo_jaguar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Interesting. One of Taeshon Cherry's relative has posted on another site and has stated they weren't involved as well.

G4sc,well that it interesting because both Cherry and O'Bannon(who both have been named as the possible #2) also have denied any involvement i this.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty46r View Post
                      G4sc,well that it interesting because both Cherry and O'Bannon(who both have been named as the possible #2) also have denied any involvement i this.
                      The nuisances in G4sc's statement are important. She isn't denying the meeting. She is denying that money was given - which I don't think is completely out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

If no money was taken by players or family members, the NCAA will have to once again get creative to nail SC

Comment

There is the possibility that the FBI do not have a case.
                          They have to prove that money was taken and funds transferred.
                          A meeting and some words are not proof of wrong doing.
                          How many times do we say things that if we did would be bad. But it is
                          a good thing we do not do it.

Comment

• USCJohnMac
                            USCJohnMac commented
                            Editing a comment
                            remember the case the FBI is making is against Bland. If the money didn't get to the players I don't know if that helps Bland, but it should help SC when the NCAA comes around.

It seems like from statements from the family none of the recruits received any money.
                          It seems like the FBI may have been on a witch hunt and although there were some witches
                          not all of them were.
                          Tony might be in trouble for even talking to the shoe companies. They are the ones that
                          have to clean up their act.
                          Bland messed up his 350K /yr job just for a promise of 13k that he might not have even gotten.

Comment

Working...
                          X