X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this team make the NIT?

Given how weak the conference is, NIT is really only 50/50 at this point. Probably a good idea to start playing the young guys big minutes.

CAE’s seat is getting hotter and hotter....

Comment

Haha, Was going to post something similar. Only I was thinking the CBI or CIT. Whatever the other post season tournaments are. The big question is would USC even accept an invitation?? Mentioned they should start playing the younger guys over a week ago. AE should play BB, Metu, & Stewart about 20 minutes a game. Let each one run isolation each time down the floor. They can switch off when one gets tired. They ought to stay fresh. Since neither plays any defense they should have plenty of energy to work on their offensive game.

Comment

Originally posted by cabrillo_jaguar View Post
        CAE’s seat is getting hotter and hotter....
        1 more year.

Next year will be a long year.

Comment

It should be hot! Pathetic job of coaching "team" ball...... Team is SOFT & SELFISH!

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanMindSC View Post

1 more year.

Next year will be a long year.
            i’d really like to see the next coach bring in a tougher gritty approach like Villanova, Virginia, Witchita State, or even Utah. Instill the attitude of WANTING to prevent the other team from scoring, or at least make it difficult for them to. Tired of this AAU style of play, and just solely focusing on outscoring your opponent.

Comment

Well said CJ !

Comment

cj,nice post. Tough and gritty would not be used to describe the play of this team.

Comment

exactly which young guys would yu play?

Comment

Originally posted by aauscout View Post
                    exactly which young guys would yu play?
                    Personally, I would start Rakocevic and Usher. Yes, there will be growing pains, but we might as well get a start on the future. I'd also try to get Victor at least 5 minutes of PT per game. This team isn't going to the Tourney. So why not build?

Comment

Ditto Roxy on Rak & Usher and everything you said. Although Victor is a project I would try to give him about 10 minutes a game. Also, if Thornton is going to be our starting point guard next year he needs to play significant minutes. Can see his potential but he has been awful in his limited minutes. He has lost his dribble, took wild shots when driving to the rim, and just looks uncomfortable running the offense. Maybe its a rep thing or a confidence thing but AE needs to let him figure it out. Mathews was one of favorite players last year but he has really been disappointing. Even his defense has been sub-par (maybe not Stewart like but not much better) but maybe its just the group he's playing with. So, would definitely start giving him Stewart's minutes. Unfortunately, it looks as O'Bannon is light years away of being a contributor. Not sure how he got picked for Mcd's AA game other than his name but he looks more like a 2/3 player to me. So not sure he is even an option.

Comment

2/3 star

Comment

The problem is SC's athletic department has no idea what they're doing. They simply don't care to learn and do the work necessary to get an elite coach or, in the case of basketball, an under the radar talent as the Izzo's aren't ever gonna come to SC. SC will try to hire a coach whose team gets hot in March (Enfield) which a lot of the time means it too late because a much better program will make a better offer. Or they'll look to promote an assistant, maybe somebody around the conference. That's about it.

Any good assistants around the Pac-12?

Not like Enfield is going anywhere anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X