X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This season is over...

11-6 record to date. Bad losses vs Princeton at Home, Washington at Home, and now vs Stanford. Also no quality win’s to show for. To be honest, season was over in late September when the FBI investigation unraveled. Our Admin has always proved they cannot and will not fight for their student athletes, but instead leave them out to dry. It’s Fight On, up until the NCAA says STAND DOWN!

This talented USC team returning a bunch of starters loses to a Long Beach St transfer & 2 true freshmen? Fire Enfield & pay what you have to for Winslow from Wichita St! This team is as soft as a baby's ass!

Comment

man I was at that game (used up most of my sports tickets savings to get a good seat), talk about deja vu. Reminded me of the last second shot by Cal in the 2014-2015 season.

I wonder whats going on in Swann's mind right now. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in his office.
      Last edited by TroyAreaCA; 01-07-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• USCJohnMac
        USCJohnMac commented
        Editing a comment
        I had it on my calendar for months (I'm in Salinas) but the 7pm start time killed it for me. Glad I stayed home!

Hopefully Swann is pissed & makes a change. CAE won't get us over the hump! Move on now while the PAC-12 is down!

Comment

• TroyAreaCA
        TroyAreaCA commented
        Editing a comment
        my concern is ucla strikes first and gets someone that SC could have gotten (same city, so same cost of living/tax)

Originally posted by TroyAreaCA View Post
      man I was at that game (used up most of my sports tickets savings to get a good seat), talk about deja vu. Reminded me of the last second shot by Cal in the 2014-2015 season.

I wonder whats going on in Swann's mind right now. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in his office.
      man. I feel for you. I was in attendance for the TAMU game and that was a sign of things to come. I left Galen certain we’d bounce back vs SMU & Oklahoma but nope. This season is loss & like I said has been since September. Too bad CAE couldn’t adjust and keep his team afloat, but that’s like counting on CAE to make a halftime adjustment or to have the correct personnel out on the floor...just isn’t going to happen.

Comment

This board is brutal. How about really tough loss for our kids and great fight in a game we should have won, and then almost lost giving up the lead late, and almost won again by J-Mac's layup and then tough buzzer beater to eventually lose the game. I love everyone's passion esp Cabrillo (and the usual suspects), but I respectfully disagree. And I hope the team don't feel the way you do that the season is over. Yes, we could be 3-1 but we are 2-2. And I can say with that record, and the way we are playing, the season is not over. We showed great fight last night, and it was heartbreaking to lose a game that way. And while these games are very important, the season is not decided in first week of January. Yes we need to continue to improve - individual and collective team play, and coaching. But for now, they are still lot of games to be played. Fight On!

Comment

Originally posted by FightOn6665 View Post
          [W]hile these games are very important, the season is not decided in first week of January. Yes we need to continue to improve - individual and collective team play, and coaching. But for now, they are still lot of games to be played. Fight On!
          Yes, there are plenty of games to be played. But we won't be playing any of them in the NCAA Tournament -- which is what "the season is over" is meant to convey.

Comment

instead of applauding a great effort on the road against a team that just knocked off the mighty team from westworld, this board has a bunch of crying bitches...it took a once in a lifetime shot from beyond halfcourt...yeah enfield is to blame for the kid making the shot...hell, the kid should of been playing at udub but got out of his letter when they fired romar..has this usc team played up to its potential, NO, but give me a break, last night was a very good game and PLEASE explain how usc went to the charity stripe only six times

Comment

It is simply disappointing for such a veteran team to play selfish & soft. This team needs to play a great 14 games (11-3 at worst) to get into the dance or win the PAC-12 tourney! In fact if you watch the video of J-Mac driving for the go ahead bucket, BB appears to throw his hands up because he wanted to take the last shot. Love the fact he wants the last shot but it also looks like he could be selfish.....

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy Cottin View Post

Yes, there are plenty of games to be played. But we won't be playing any of them in the NCAA Tournament -- which is what "the season is over" is meant to convey.
                I don't get it. I guess I won't be seeing you in the dance - I respect your opinion but I'm I'm sticking to mine as well. I saw the same post last year from everyone, and yes that is expected with our current record. But I don't get too high and too low with W and L esp in January. By the end of the month, hoping for a record a record of 7-3. The team getting W with home games and a split in Oregon trip. That will look so much better than 2-2, and maybe season is not over, and still plenty of games to be played for Tourney invite.

Comment

Originally posted by FightOn6665 View Post

I don't get it. I guess I won't be seeing you in the dance - I respect your opinion but I'm I'm sticking to mine as well. I saw the same post last year from everyone, and yes that is expected with our current record. But I don't get too high and too low with W and L esp in January. By the end of the month, hoping for a record a record of 7-3. The team getting W with home games and a split in Oregon trip. That will look so much better than 2-2, and maybe season is not over, and still plenty of games to be played for Tourney invite.
                  It took 27 games last season for us to lose 6. It's taken only 17 this season. We'll probably go 6-4 over the next 10 games, and have a record of about 17-10 or so.

Our conference is far too weak for a 13 or 14 loss team (which is what we are looking at) to make the Dance.

So, heck, I may see you at the Dance, but USC won't be playing.

Comment

Originally posted by aauscout View Post
                    instead of applauding a great effort on the road against a team that just knocked off the mighty team from westworld, this board has a bunch of crying bitches...it took a once in a lifetime shot from beyond halfcourt...yeah enfield is to blame for the kid making the shot...hell, the kid should of been playing at udub but got out of his letter when they fired romar..has this usc team played up to its potential, NO, but give me a break, last night was a very good game and PLEASE explain how usc went to the charity stripe only six times
                    That's fine, but we've seen this happen on numerous occasions. Last year the team had a knack for coming back and pulling off multiple W's despite being down double digits - the cardiac kids, right? They also coughed up a game at Tempe which I believe they were up by double digits very late in the game and wound up losing the game after being held scoreless down the stretch. I've been a fan of CAE and have defended him on this board and on other boards as well, but the offense seems to clamp up in spurts which allows teams to crawl back and give them momentum. Baylor in the round of 32 last year, and the play in game vs Providence are prime examples of this. Those games should've been won going away. Easily. Going for the jugular and developing a killer instinct is something this team is clearly lacking and has been lacking.

Comment

New poster to the board! Love to read everyone's opinions. My wife and I drove up to Maples yesterday and attended the game. We went from joy to heartache in 1.4 seconds. In the past, having a record of 11-6 with a tournament championship on the resume and a split in northern California would have been great. But, since USC had such high expectations this year, the performance to date has been below expectations. CAE gets a break because of Melton's status, which, I think we can all agree that USC's record would be different if Melton was playing. But, I have a question - was Bland in charge of the defense for USC? I know that USC was not known as a defensive juggernaut in the past but it seems that the players are out of position, not communicating, etc. If any change needs to happen, CAE needs to add a good teaching defensive coach to his staff.

Comment

NO_D,Welcome to the board! Excellent 1st post and most here would agree with you 100%. The fundamentals of defense is surely lacking. Who knows if it's the coaches or the players but something is missing.
                        Please keep posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy Cottin View Post

It took 27 games last season for us to lose 6. It's taken only 17 this season. We'll probably go 6-4 over the next 10 games, and have a record of about 17-10 or so.

Our conference is far too weak for a 13 or 14 loss team (which is what we are looking at) to make the Dance.

So, heck, I may see you at the Dance, but USC won't be playing.
                          During the Washington St. game, they showed USC's strength of schedule is 22 and RPI is 52. The dynamics of our OOC schedule is different this year and for sure harder. If there is such a thing called quality loss, we have a few of them. Yes, the Princeton L is a bad one even though we we are missing four players. But I still feel good about our chances making it to the Dance. As you said, we have a weak conference, even ASU, Arizona and UCLA are all beatable.

Good exchange of opinion Roxy. Fight On!

Comment

• swamdog
                            swamdog commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Roxy isn't stating an opinion. It is a fact. Been studying the tournament since a kid so a very long time. USC's RPI can only get worse as the season goes on because of the competition. They blew every opportunity to get any quality wins against A&M, SMU, & Oklahoma. And not getting to play MIami also hurt. Plus like you said the Princeton loss was bad. But equally as bad was the loss to Washington and last nights loss was a death nail. Now if they could have won some those non-conference games that could have help off-set the bad losses. Of course if USC ran the table than sure they would get in but that ain't happening. There's a good chance they'll lose at least one this week against two teams that are just tougher and better coached. The Oregon trip could go either way. But most likely a loss there. UCLA is most likely a split. The Col/Utah trip has 2 more losses on the resume. And the Arizona trip. Don't even want to think what a beat down those games will be. And this doesn't include the trip to Washington which this team has shown it can lose to anyone. Barring a win in the Pac-12 tournament, which also is not happening, is the only realistic way for this team to get in the tournament. I realize you are optimistic and if you truly believe this team is capable of basically running the table maybe with a loss or two along the way than you see more in this team than me.

• FightOn6665
                            FightOn6665 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            @ swamdog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM
                            This post is the about the season is over. We are 2-2. And yes we are not playing to our potential. But did the season really ended last Sunday? We have 14 games to go, and Pac 12 tourney to play. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm also just a stating a fact that the season is not over - at least as of today. Come on guys - give the team some Fight On spirit. Lighting could strike ..
                        Working...
                        X