X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Usher, I took this photo after SC first game. I told Jordan you are in the board. He smiled and he said jokingly don't listen to him hahaha. Very late post but he was gesturing Fight On! for pops

Comment

Originally posted by Marty46r View Post
      JMac really playing greatl tonight and this is the best I have seen from Thornton. If the defense can focus on King and limit him, we should win this one despite our two"stars"shooting incredibly poorly.
      Thornton’s shoulder is healthy and FINALLY getting some real minutes. He is so quick.

Comment

Originally posted by FightOn6665 View Post
        Mr Usher, Jordan is the future of USC basketball. He is loved by Trojans hoops nation, and highly regarded by coaching staff. But for now keep learning and improving everyday 😆!
        Thanks and he will keep working. FightOn

Comment

Last possession is a perfect example of a coaching issue with this team. Under 4 minutes, Bennie takes a long one dribble 2 with 25 seconds or so left on the shot clock and then gets lost on D and we give up a 3.

Comment

Originally posted by FightOn6665 View Post
            Mr. Usher, I took this photo after SC first game. I told Jordan you are in the board. He smiled and he said jokingly don't listen to him hahaha. Very late post but he was gesturing Fight On! for pops
            Lol

Comment

TrojanMindSC,sorry to disagree. That shot by Boatwright is a player issue. it was a dumb shot at that time and a junior with so much experience should know better.

Comment

TrojanMindSC,sorry to disagree. That shot by Boatwright is a player issue. it was a dumb shot at that time and a junior with so much experience should know better.
                Disagree. A coach can stop that type of shot and should've been coaching him from Day 1 about a good and bad shot. CAE should have pulled him from the game immediately and chewed him out in front of the entire team.

How many times is CAE going to allow Boatwright to take bad shots or Metu to drive coast to coast and turn the ball over. We have enough depth on this team that you can use playing time to coach players into playing the right way.

Comment

And what should he done with Matthews who also took a dumb 3 AFTER Boatwright's shot? "Chew him out in front of the entire team"? Have you ever coached? You dislike the coach,I get it.

Comment

And what should he done with Matthews who also took a dumb 3 AFTER Boatwright's shot? "Chew him out in front of the entire team"? Have you ever coached? You dislike the coach,I get it.
                    Matthews shot was a bad shot as well, but at least it was in the flow of the offense and an open shot. The game was also decided at that point.

Comment

• Mickey Linehan
                      Mickey Linehan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you hate the coach enough you can find a way to blame him for anything. Even for not being enough like Kevin O'Neill.

• TrojanMindSC
                      TrojanMindSC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't hate CAE. He isn't a good coach. It really isn't a debate. The team at its talent level underachieves. We have JRs and SRs that don't play smart basketball. We have JRs and SRs that don't know what it even means to get into a defensive stance.

Now even with that, I haven't called for him to be fired or replaced.
                      Last edited by TrojanMindSC; 01-10-2018, 10:59 PM.

USC pretty much needs to win out to make the tourney, so important win. Colorado played horribly and didn't really deserve to win. Game was a lot closer than it should have been, but Colorado was hitting 3s (which every team does against USC), George King went off and USC made a lot of dumb plays (which is sadly an expectation now). Enfield calling a TO when the game was out of hand to rub it in Boyle's face was pretty funny after some critical comments in the press from Boyle. He really had to force a smile while shaking CU's coaching staffs hands. Either way, getting that win must have felt good for Enfield.

Finally got to see more of Thornton and he really adds a dimension on defense and transition which USC sorely needs. I'd also like to see Thornton, Rak and Usher get more run, especially with Melton still out. It was a Bad Bennie kind of night and it's good that it didn't cost USC the game. Metu fumbled a lot of balls, I know he has short arms (for an NBA prospect), but does he also have small hands? Despite the poor shooting from Metu, he brought energy and kicked off some nice fast breaks with his rejections. Both Metu and Bennie are going to get their minutes, because when they're on, they're almost unguardable. Both were off tonight. J-Mac dominated tonight and it was great seeing him school the young-uns on CU.

Fight On, Beat the Utes!

Comment

We need 26 wins to make the tourney? What? That Stanford loss was truly awful. If you take that away along with the Princeton L, we're sitting pretty at 14-4. As its stands 12-6, we're still alive for the round of 68. They just have to keep winning...but we don't have to win out. That's not true at all.

Great to see the D earn us the win tonight. Gotta get that sweep against the Utes this weekend. Fight On!

Comment

Working...
                      X