X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Bland hires defense attorney

Brought out a big name to represent him. Interesting.

https://t.co/9Wn8xIgPR8?amp=1

Great. Bland hires a mob boss attorney. We need to cut bait. Getting the feeling he is getting ready to roll and conjure up stuff against us and CAE.

We need another class act like Hart. He is the better coach and recruiter any way.

Comment

Need to get Reggie Morris Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by DanCSC View Post
        Great. Bland hires a mob boss attorney. We need to cut bait. Getting the feeling he is getting ready to roll and conjure up stuff against us and CAE.
        Who do you think Bland should have hired?

Comment

Why wouldn’t Bland hire that attorney?

Comment

Because of the optics for USC. Do we really want our Asst Coach hiring the same attorney for El Chapo? Also if I remember right this attorney likes shifting the blame to others. Hope the blame doesn't come our way.

Comment

Just so frustrated with Bland. We have our program headed in the right direction and now we get this distraction. Programs will begin to negatively recruit against us until they fall under scrutiny.

I'm a 40 year USC bb fan and I'm sick and tired of ucla and Arizona dominating the PAC 12 and now Oregon flexing their muscles. I have always asked "why not us". We seemed to be our own worse enemy. I have a bad feeling that more dirt will come out about Bland (and in turn about us because he is our employee).

And lastly, think about this. Bland was employed by USC who is sponsored by Nike. Bland is supposedly steering recruits to Adidas, really???? That's beyond unethical. I know these are accusations only right now. But knowing the FBI as I do (and I do well), these initial charges are the easiest for the FBI to prove. That's how they begin and then move to others and deeper charges and/or other persons. Just a cluster F.

Comment

• cabrillo_jaguar
                cabrillo_jaguar commented
                Editing a comment
                I hear your frustration but unfortunately, we probably won't hear more until the court hearing that is scheduled to take place in a few weeks. Bland wasn't steering kids to Adidas. He was paid to steer players into Christian Dawkins agency so he can represent them.

And lastly, think about this. Bland was employed by USC who is sponsored by Nike. Bland is supposedly steering recruits to Adidas, really???? That's beyond unethical.
              Where did you read this?

Comment

Because of the optics for USC. Do we really want our Asst Coach hiring the same attorney for El Chapo? Also if I remember right this attorney likes shifting the blame to others.
                Who do you think Bland should have hired?

What happened when this attorney “shifted the blame to others”?

Comment

I understand the frustration regarding Bland, but the guy has been charged with a federal crime, so an attorney is kinda a must. I don't fault him for getting one that serves his needs, not SCs.

Comment

My bad. I though that this was connected to the Adidas part. Didn't realize that it was steering him to an agency rather than a shoe company. Doesn't make it any better but at least Bland wasn't affecting our relationship with Nike. Apologies.

Comment

• cabrillo_jaguar
                      cabrillo_jaguar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Adidas was more geared towards what happened at Louisville. FWIW the FBI also subpoenaed employees from the Nike EYBL as a part of their ongoing investigation.

My bad. I though that this was connected to the Adidas part. Didn't realize that it was steering him to an agency rather than a shoe company. Doesn't make it any better but at least Bland wasn't affecting our relationship with Nike. Apologies.
                    I don't think anyone is happy about what Tony appears to have done.

But it does not appear to be part of a huge betrayal of sending kids to Adidas or arranging Adidas payoffs.

The "hook up" Tony allegedly arranged was with a financial advisor. Not saying it's okay by any means, but it wasn't a recruiting payoff.

Comment

We need another class act like Hart. He is the better coach and recruiter any way.
                      I think Bland hiring this attorney is a great sign that he is going to fight these charges.

I also really doubt there is anything of value he could give the FBI on CAE and USC.

Comment

He hired an attorney that is most likely used to working with the Southern District and the one that will help him cut the best deal.

Comment

Chase, you sound optimistic about our chances of coming out of this relatively unscathed? Am I reading you correctly? I'm not an attorney, but that is what I'm sensing.

Comment

Working...
                          X