X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My projection the rest of the way...

Based on how the psyche of this team tends to ebb and flow....

at UCLA - WIN - This USC team is used to beating UCLA and does not fear playing in Pauley whatsoever. Look for a high level performance and a relatively easy win.

at ASU - LOSS - Hurley's players are scrappy, which is just the type of attitude that tends to bedevil the Trojans. It's just one of those things. SC couldn't figure these guys out last year and won't this year, especially won't after feeling all cocky after beating UCLA and stretching that win streak to 7.

at Arizona - WIN - Most USC teams would fold after laying an egg against ASU, but this group still remembers beating Arizona a couple years ago and will come out playing hard and surprise even themselves with how well they rise to the occasion. For once, the refs in Tucson won't kill us.

Oregon - WIN - Now that the Ducks were beat up at Eugene, the hump has been cleared. The fear is gone.

Oregon State - WIN - No way the Beavers pull this one off.

at Colorado - WIN - Beat the Buffs here last year, will do it again this year.

at UTAH - LOSS - I can see Utah, fighting for the tournament, pulling out all the stops and ambushing what should be a very smug, hubristic USC team at this point.

UCLA - WIN - No way they let JMAC leave the Galen with anything other than a fun win.

Arizona - 16-2
    USC - 14-4

USC again beats Arizona in Pac-12 final after bench clearing brawl results in ejection of Trier, Ayton, Metu, Boatwright. Thornton leads all scorers with 22 points.

Final record heading into tournament: 26-8, 5th seed.

Realistic worst case scenario:

at UCLA - WIN

at ASU - LOSS

at Arizona - LOSS

Oregon - LOSS

Oregon State - WIN

at Colorado - WIN

at UTAH - WIN

UCLA - LOSS

Realistic best case scenario:

We win every game. We're certainly capable of it.

Actual Prediction:

at UCLA - WIN

at ASU - WIN

at Arizona - LOSS

Oregon - LOSS

Oregon State - WIN

at Colorado - WIN

at UTAH - WIN

UCLA - WIN

Comment

This is a damn good projection my friend.
      I give it my stamp of approval.
      You beat me to the punch.
      Fight On Forever!!!

P.S. I love the ejections in the PAC 12 tournament. I can totally see that happening. Lol

Comment

the ejection prediction got me chuckling too.

Comment

We're not being Arizona @ McHale. That's one you can simply chalk up as a loss. The rest are very winnable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fade View Post
            We're not being Arizona @ McHale. That's one you can simply chalk up as a loss. The rest are very winnable.
            I admit it's a tough one. But Utah took this Arizona team to the limit in McHale. Part of the confounding nature of this USC team is its ability to do things you don't expect (both bad and good), so I'm thinking we have a shot.

Comment

after yesterday's and today's PAC12 games, here's what I have as changes

@ASU - toss up, ASU has been better lately but still losing. Hopefully SC comes off on the better end

@Colorado - I would switch the Utah and Colorado win/loss part around. Colorado has been playing teams tough and beat Utah today. Please the Colorado coach still probably remembers Enfield's last timeout near the end of the game

Comment

I predict we go 6-2, I have no idea who the 2 will be. This conference is beyond predictable. OMG Utah was terrible last night, but looked great against Arizona, seems like all teams are like that. Arizona is beatable if we play our best, I would not call that an automatic loss. The key is our big four, this is their moment. They have not been their best lately but now is the time.

Comment

Let's get some updated projections.

I don't think the UCLA outcome was a surprise - we were due and the teams are about equal - but I would say we played better than I thought other than shots not falling.

I'll go with 4-3. Wins against Oregon, Oregon State, Utah and UCLA.

The ASU game is a tough call. So is Colorado.

Comment

Regular season title comes down to this week. Lose both, and we can fall as low as 5th place. Split keeps us in drivers seat for second. Sweep puts us in drivers seat for title.

Comment

Originally posted by joeireland123 View Post
                      Let's get some updated projections.

I don't think the UCLA outcome was a surprise - we were due and the teams are about equal - but I would say we played better than I thought other than shots not falling.

I'll go with 4-3. Wins against Oregon, Oregon State, Utah and UCLA.

The ASU game is a tough call. So is Colorado.
                      I agree with 4-3 to close it out. But I also see 3-4 as possible. Making the Tournament is going to be real tight, and will depend on how we play in the conference tournament.

Comment

Looks to me like we are still on track despite failing to steal one during the toughest stretch of our schedule. We were so close !

I think we close 4-1 but Roxy is right that 3-2 is also a strong possibility. IMO that is the difference between NCAA and bust this year. That and winning our first Pac-12 tourny game.

We also have several teams right on RPI quadrant cut-offs to watch. NMSU, ORE, STAN, UCSB and PRIN especially.

Comment

we need to get to 22 wins to feel comfortable enough to not be in the last four in.

Comment

Working...
                          X