X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's scrimmage

Seeing some report shows that the team had a scrimmage that just ended.

Jordan Usher led all scorers with 23 points and only missed two shots. WOW!

Nik Rakocevic had 22 points and 9 rebounds.

I'll be updating this as more information is reported.

It doesn’t surprise me that Usher did so well. I think he is just as underrated as Melton.

Comment

Originally posted by Eltrojano View Post
      It doesn’t surprise me that Usher did so well. I think he is just as underrated as Melton.
      I agree. He played on a stacked HS team and at times when he didn't score that many points, he would contribute by attacking the glass. Definitely looks the part of a high major player, who will fill up the stat sheet like De'Anthony Melton is known for.

Comment

Wow, awesome to hear that Usher had a nice game. Kind of thought he might get lost in the shuffle, but I'm sure the staff will find minutes for him if he consistently has this kind of performance during practice. Also, I've been beating this drum for a while, but our success this season is going to depend a lot on Rakocevic. If Nik can make a big leap heading into his sophomore year and play at a high level off of the bench then the staff is going to be able to rest Boatwright and Metu early and often.

Some teams are going to be in total awe of this team's incredible depth!

Comment

Spoke to some players' family members about the scrimmage. Beside J-Ush and Rako, Bennie, DeAnthony, Chimezie and DT scored in double digits. DeAnthony and DT led the group in assists. DeAnthony had a typical Swiss army knife performance. J-Ush and Chimezie hit some jumpers beyond their usual range. Bennie and Rako led in rebounding.

Comment

Spoke to 2 friends ( not family members) yesterday who were at the scrimmage and they both said we look good. One said this is the best talent he has ever seen on a USC roster.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Mr.Usher,welcome to the board. Best of luck to your son.

Comment

• HenryUsher
                  HenryUsher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you

Was it an intra-squad scrimmage or did we play another school?

Comment

Enfield has a wicked eye for talent. I think Rakocevic will be big time after Metu goes pro. Big motor, natural skills, just needs to work on fundamentals and footwork

Comment

Love Rakocevic. Legit 6'10" and can really run with a natural stride. Has good hands with nice touch. Just needed to get stronger and adjust to pace of college game from last year as he struggled to finish inside a bit and got pushed around. Should come with age / maturity.

I could see Rak averaging 6th most minutes on the team (although I wouldn't call him sixth man) as they should always either have Metu or Rak on the court. 4/5 rotation should be Metu / Bennie / Rak with some small ball 4 with Aaron / Usher sprinkled in. If I were Enfield I would rotate 1-3 consistently and ramp up the defensive pressure. Wouldn't be shocked if no one averaged over 30 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by 1troydoc View Post
                      Was it an intra-squad scrimmage or did we play another school?
                      Intrasquad.

Comment

That's fantastic. This really is the deepest team in this history of the program. Hell you could remove 3 players and it would still be the deepest team in the history of the program. 30 more days before it starts.

Comment

Working...
                        X