X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I root for.....

Arizona or Washington

Arizona win - SC best opportunity to nab a win over a Top 10 team on the road

Washington win - SC can keep pace with Zona on winning the PAC12 regular season title (SC kinds of need to win most of its games anyway to go to the tourney)

Definitely Washington. Washington beat USC at Galen, so it hurts less if UDub keeps playing well.

Comment

wow crazy ending to UW-Zona game (Dominic Green 3 pointer to win it).

SC has a chance to challenge Zona - if it can get its shit together

Comment

At this point, it would not shock me if UCLA won the conference, Arizona finished second, Washington third, and we’re battling Stanford for fourth.

Comment

Come on Roxy. Most of the things you post are right on but UCLA winning the conference? UCLA is no better than the team that went 6-12 in 2015/2016. The only reason they are somewhat in contention is because of the unbalanced schedule and the Pac-12 is horrible this year. I realize Arizona is far from dominate. In matter of fact Arizona has played similar to us all year. They play in spurts. They look good for about 8 minutes, then the next 5 minutes they could look like the worst team in the Pac-12. Their record doesn't show it but they have underachieved as much as us. But to think UCLA has a chance to win the Pac-12 is ridiculous. First off to win the conference they have to beat Arizona Thursday. Not happening. Then beat ASU. Not likely.With road games at Utah/Col/SC they'll likely finish 10-8 or 9-9. When everything shakes out at the the end of the year I wouldn't be surprised if UCLA/Stanford/Utah/Colorado/Oregon/ASU all finish with identical records of 10-8 maybe with a couple of those teams at 9-9. With Washington's win last night it looks more than likely that they finish 2nd or 3rd. Would like to think we can win 2 of our remaining road games but not sure if this team is good enough. Yesterday, they reverted to the poor defense that had plagued this team earlier in the year.

Comment

UCLA was likely Nick 2 FT's away from losing to us and now you think they can win the conference? Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy Cottin View Post
              At this point, it would not shock me if UCLA won the conference, Arizona finished second, Washington third, and we’re battling Stanford for fourth.
              Looking more and more like UCLA will win the Pac-12 regular season.

Comment

• TVofTroy
                TVofTroy commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe you didn't notice, but they eked one out against us at home and if we finish what we've started tonight, we'll be tied for first, a game ahead of them in the standings, and finishing the season against them on our home floor.

No you guys don’t understand. Roxy is applying his patented reverse jinx. No one is better at posting too soon and seeing it blow up the other way.

The only thing I worry about is the equivocation. “It would not surprise me...”. May not be effective enough.
              Last edited by MeltonNotHelton; 02-08-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Like clockwork, Washington goes down. Nice job Roxy! Bring it!

Comment

Keep talking shit, guys. Clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Comment

• TVofTroy
                    TVofTroy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, you knew all along that we were going to go on a rampage of stupid fouls in the end, and that we were going to turn the ball over 17 times to lose the game by two points.

We should have won last night. Anyone who thinks otherwise is full of shit.

If you make enough predictions all over the place, some eventually come true. Like being a volume scorer.

Although, I'm not sure what you predicted on record that actually came true today. As far as I know, I'm the only one who predicted a loss tonight on record.

Last edited by MeltonNotHelton; 02-08-2018, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeltonNotHelton View Post
                    If you make enough predictions all over the place, some eventually come true. Like a volume scorer.

Although, I'm not sure what you predicted on record that actually came true today.
                    Award winning spin.

For the record here are things I've actually posted:

2/4: "I agree with 4-3 to close it out. But I also see 3-4 as possible. Making the Tournament is going to be real tight, and will depend on how we play in the conference tournament."

2/4: "At this point, it would not shock me if UCLA won the conference, Arizona finished second, Washington third, and we’re battling Stanford for fourth."

2/4: "We’re a fringe top 45 team with an uphill path to a Tournament berth. Our guys are going to have work much harder the next few games."

2/4: "At this point, UCLA has a slightly better shot of making the NCAA Tournament than we do."

1/28 responding to argument that we should have a much better record with a few narrow wins: "The problem I see with this argument is, sure, one less 3 given up in the Oklahoma, Princeton (regulation), and Stanford games, and a few shots given up against Washington, then, yes we are 20-2. But our Pomeroy ranking (which doesn't take into account wins and loss, only offensive and defensive efficiency) would still be in the 40s nationally. Our Pomeroy (KenPom) ranking really suggests that we should be right where we are in terms of wins and losses."

If you want to take issue with something I actually posted, feel free.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy Cottin View Post

If you want to take issue with something I actually posted, feel free.
                      What I take issue with is the hedging before hand, followed by the "i told you so" after.

"It will depend..." "It would not shock me..." "...a slightly better shot" "...uphill path"

It's a clever way of not being on the hook for predictions if they fail.

And of course you forget this beaut from mid January:

"And again, the season is not technically over, but we've all but been mathematically eliminated from the tournament, so it's practically over, given the expectations we had. At this point, the team is playing for an NIT bid, which they may or may not get."

Don't go out on a limb about the NIT. Which is it? Will they get the NIT bid or not? Can we get a definitive prediction from you without a qualification?

Last edited by MeltonNotHelton; 02-08-2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Unless Washington wins out, team still controls its own destiny. Is it likely they win out? No way. But this year, who the heck knows anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MeltonNotHelton View Post

What I take issue with is the hedging before hand, followed by the "i told you so" after.

"It will depend..." "It would not shock me..." "...a slightly better shot" "...uphill path"

It's a clever way of not being on the hook for predictions if they fail.

And of course you forget this beaut from mid January:

"And again, the season is not technically over, but we've all but been mathematically eliminated from the tournament, so it's practically over, given the expectations we had. At this point, the team is playing for an NIT bid, which they may or may not get."

Don't go out on a limb about the NIT. Which is it? Will they get the NIT bid or not? Can we get a definitive prediction from you without a qualification?
                          I get it that this is your way of trying to draw attention to you firmly putting yourself on the record. Contrary to the theme of your post, I have never criticize either you or Ted for making bold and firm predictions about how the team finishes the season.

And, no, I have not made the same firm predictions. I have just posted observations and thoughts.

The difference is that people have reacted to these observations as if I'm crazy, have never watched basketball, or am just trolling. Responses like, "BS" ... "You cannot be serious" ... "You're not watching the games" .... and my posts are "just a reverse jinx," followed by a taunt from the Washington result.

It wasn't me who started the shit talking.

Also, right this moment might not be the best time for you to try calling me out on the NCAA-eliminated/NIT-questionable post, considering we are pretty much right back in that boat.

Comment

Working...
                          X