X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PxPxTrojan View Post
    Unless Washington wins out, team still controls its own destiny. Is it likely they win out? No way. But this year, who the heck knows anymore.
    Washington's remaining schedule includes Cal, two games against Oregon State, and Utah & Colorado at home. Washington is 7-4.

We are a half game ahead of Washington at 8-4, and still have @Arizona, @Utah & @Colorado, and Oregon and UCLA at home left on the schedule.

Could we finish ahead of Washington? Sure. Absolutely. Would it be a wise bet at this point? I'll let you answer that for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy Cottin View Post

I get it that this is your way of trying to draw attention to you firmly putting yourself on the record. Contrary to the theme of your post, I have never criticize either you or Ted for making bold and firm predictions about how the team finishes the season.

And, no, I have not made the same firm predictions. I have just posted observations and thoughts.

The difference is that people have reacted to these observations as if I'm crazy, have never watched basketball, or am just trolling. Responses like, "BS" ... "You cannot be serious" ... "You're not watching the games" .... and my posts are "just a reverse jinx," followed by a taunt from the Washington result.

It wasn't me who started the shit talking.

Also, right this moment might not be the best time for you to try calling me out on the NCAA-eliminated/NIT-questionable post, considering we are pretty much right back in that boat.
      Couple things:

1. I'm not sure why you took offense to me joking about your reverse jinx posting. Surely, you are self-aware enough to know about your long and established track record of jumping the gun during games and after bad losses ('mathematically eliminated' 'USC should get on the bus and leave', your abandonment of the board after the ASU loss last year, etc). Everyone is aware of it. I was just having fun with it, not shit talking.

2. Everyone is very disappointed in this season so far. I understand people getting angry and pissed and posting nasty things after a loss. But you seem to relish introducing sky-is-falling scenarios that don't shed light on things, but just hang over the board like a death pall. "We may not win 3 games the rest of the way." No kidding? Thanks for that insight. You might be right. We may also win 0 games, or 6. We might win the Pac-12 tourney or lose in the first round. We have the type of team that can do both. Who knows what will happen? None of us do. Maybe let's just see how the games go, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by MeltonNotHelton View Post

Couple things:

1. I'm not sure why you took offense to me joking about your reverse jinx posting. Surely, you are self-aware enough to know about your long and established track record of jumping the gun during games and after bad losses ('mathematically eliminated' 'USC should get on the bus and leave', your abandonment of the board after the ASU loss last year, etc). Everyone is aware of it. I was just having fun with it, not shit talking.

2. Everyone is very disappointed in this season so far. I understand people getting angry and pissed and posting nasty things after a loss. But you seem to relish introducing sky-is-falling scenarios that don't shed light on things, but just hang over the board like a death pall. "We may not win 3 games the rest of the way." No kidding? Thanks for that insight. You might be right. We may also win 0 games, or 6. We might win the Pac-12 tourney or lose in the first round. We have the type of team that can do both. Who knows what will happen? None of us do. Maybe let's just see how the games go, huh?
        So you’ve gone from firmly predicting the result of our final 8 games to: “We may win 0 games, or 6. We might win the Pac-12 tourney or lose in the first round. Who knows what will happen? None of us do. Maybe let's just see how the games go, huh?”

I mean, I suppose I can just stop posting if my words are too upsetting.

Comment

So you’ve gone from firmly predicting the result of our final 8 games to: “We may win 0 games, or 6. We might win the Pac-12 tourney or lose in the first round. Who knows what will happen? None of us do. Maybe let's just see how the games go, huh?”

I mean, I suppose I can just stop posting if my words are too upsetting.
          If we actually knew what the results would be ahead of time, we wouldn't call them 'predictions', would we? Obviously, I was wrong about the UCLA game, so my overall prediction of what games we would win and which games we would lose the rest of the way was wrong (although, the spirit of the post was to have fun with it). But at least I didn't hedge and, given that both games could've easily gone our way, it's not like the predictions were grossly misinformed.

The last time you stopped posting after losing at ASU, we went on a run. So maybe you should consider it.

Last edited by Alan Miller; 02-09-2018, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Washington's remaining schedule includes Cal, two games against Oregon State, and Utah & Colorado at home. Washington is 7-4.

We are a half game ahead of Washington at 8-4, and still have @Arizona, @Utah & @Colorado, and Oregon and UCLA at home left on the schedule.

Could we finish ahead of Washington? Sure. Absolutely. Would it be a wise bet at this point? I'll let you answer that for yourself.
            Washington shit the bed vs Oregon today. I would guess they lose one or both vs Colorado and Utah. There is no such thing as a wise bet in the pac-12 right now.

My point was simply that USC is still in a good spot if they win out. Only Washington could finish ahead of them with a perfect finish. Will they? If they can play 40 minutes of basketball, absolutely . Is it likely based on what we’ve seen lately? No.

Comment

Originally posted by PxPxTrojan View Post

My point was simply that USC is still in a good spot if they win out.
              We'd also be a in a good spot if we went undefeated next season. But neither of those things is going to happen.

Comment

If we actually knew what the results would be ahead of time, we wouldn't call them 'predictions', would we? Obviously, I was wrong about the UCLA game, so my overall prediction of what games we would win and which games we would lose the rest of the way was wrong (although, the spirit of the post was to have fun with it). But at least I didn't hedge and, given that both games could've easily gone our way, it's not like the predictions were grossly misinformed.
                Wow. You really are sensitive about those predictions. I never said anything about the UCLA game prediction. And I've never given you one bit of trouble for those predictions. Same for Ted.

My point is that your new "know-nothing" standard ("Who knows what will happen? None of us do. Maybe let's just see how the games go, huh?") is wildly inconsistent with the guy who was predicted the results of every game not a week ago.

The last time you stopped posting after losing at ASU, we went on a run. So maybe you should consider it.
                That's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Comment

Wow. You really are sensitive about those predictions. I never said anything about the UCLA game prediction. And I've never given you one bit of trouble for those predictions. Same for Ted.

My point is that your new "know-nothing" standard ("Who knows what will happen? None of us do. Maybe let's just see how the games go, huh?") is wildly inconsistent with the guy who was predicted the results of every game not a week ago.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do.
                  Yes. I’m wildly inconsistent when it comes to how I think the team will do because I admit I didnt know what would ACTUALLY happen the rest of the way, while you are consistent and measured in all your opinions about this team despite declaring them mathematically eliminated in mid January then adjusting that to ‘not out of the woods’ just two weeks later.

When i say “Let’s see how the games go” what I am also saying is DURING THE ACTUAL GAME, perhaps it’s not wise to make assumptions about how it will turn out, much less project where the team will end up on the season based on, say, a poor shooting half.

I think that’s a good idea.
                  Last edited by Alan Miller; 02-09-2018, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X