X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halftime - We are in this

Arizona is shooting lights out from downtown and overall, outrebounding us 21-9 and is only up 6 at the half. The shooting should balance itself out somewhat. If AZ keeps shooting like this, they will win going away, but if they revert back to norm, we have a shot (so long as we heat up a bit). Wildcats seem to turn on amazing half court defense when they feel like it, especially on the perimeter and this is really messing with our outside game. Conversely, they are vulnerable inside.

I feel like Matthews and/or Boatwright need to find a way to get hot. Note: I think Metu has missed his last 10 threes or so. He just needs to stop shooting those.

It's amazing we are this close at halftime. Arizona's defense is smothering and we are forcing a lot of shots. Arizona is getting a lot of open looks, I guess the plan was to let the guy whose been struggling shoot--it hasn't worked. Still, with the right adjustments we have a chance. Arizona is very physical and when they get a lead they lean of you.

Comment

yeah, checkout the shot chart. USC all underneath and a couple of 3s. Arizona scores from anywhere.

Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.

Comment

To bad I have to watch game with sound off. Bill Walton. Smh

Comment

• TroyAreaCA
          TroyAreaCA commented
          Editing a comment
          likewise. Walton is killing my brain cells

Me too. Very frustrating when you want to know what's actually going on in the game, i.e., who fouls are on, etc.

Comment

If Walton dropped dead during the broadcast we would all be better off. I honestly fucking hate him. How he is still employed is absolutely pathetic.

Also does Stewart have like 5 airballs today?

Comment

If I’m being honest, if Zona is playing their best I’m not sure anyone can beat them. They just don’t go all out for 40 minutes.

We may have a shot in this game.

Comment

The interminable rambling.

Comment

Love JMac aggressiveness and willingness to take over in 2nd half .. And with Rak's solid play, it is keeping us in the game... Others needs to step up - solid D and make open 3 please.. Still in it for now... Let's go, finish strong and Fight On!

Comment

Gave up early again. 🤦*♂️

Comment

And Arizona stayed hot and won going away. Can't win when they are shooting like that.

Comment

Sh*t Sandwich

Comment

Seriously, defense wasn't bad but Arizona kept scoring and getting offensive boards (happens often in zone) and with a player like Ayton. They're pretty much unbeatable when they're playing like that. They haven't lost two home games in a row in 10 years, so it was going to be a long shot anyways.

Stewart and Mathews were set up nicely for some good looks, but just couldn't knock em down. Airballs were ugly. Worse, they led to a few easy transition buckets for UofA, so that's like a 5pt swing. Shame USC won't get the Wildcats at Galen. Now gotta win out and sweep the mountain schools which Stewart hates playing.

Not sure why Aaron wasn't playing, but thought Thornton finally had a breakout game that showed he can be trusted with more minutes. If Thornton had J-Mac's savvy, he'd be so good. Looking forward to seeing him play more.

Fight On, beat the Ducks!
                        Last edited by eeks2284; 02-10-2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• VATrojan94
                          VATrojan94 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’ve been waiting for Thornton to start since day 1. I’m glad it’s finally happening.
                      Working...
                      X