X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Depth

This may be the deepest team we have ever fielded. How many starting squads from the past would beat our (assumed) second team?

1st Team

PG McLaughlin
    F Metu
    F Boatwright
    G Melton
    G Stewart

2nd Team

PG Thornton
    G Matthews / Aaron
    G/F Usher
    G O'Bannon
    F Rakocevic

Reserves
    F Uyaleunmo
    F Harrison

The best part is we're going to be able to rotate and adjust our lineup to the teams we're playing. I'm confident we'll see Thornton and McLaughlin on the court at the same time with McLaughlin playing off the ball just as I am confident we will see Metu and Rackocevic on the court at the same time when we go big. Everyone on my hypothetical "second team" is capable of being a starter and in many games likely will start and will certainly play significant minutes.

Other ancillary benefits are that it will be tough to be derailed by injuries and the depth should push the intensity in practice as the very talented transfers / youngsters on the second team are legit threats to steal starting spots.

These are very exciting times for USC basketball.
    Last edited by phear_sc; 10-09-2017, 05:10 PM.

If the team focuses on defense,boxing out on the boards,and sharing the ball on offense they are going to be REALLY good.

Comment

I'd love to see Uyaelunmo play the Darion Clark role, where he may only play 5-10 mpg but you can bring him in and know he's going to rebound and play tough defense for you. And I like that he'll be doing it at 6'11, as opposed to the 6'6 that DC was!

Comment

We definitely have the depth to be more aggressive on the defensive end. We should be able to see more full court presses than we did last year.

Comment

I think foul trouble to opposing starting fives will effect them more than foul trouble will effect our starting five. With our depth, starters will be fresh throughout the game, especially in the last few minutes of games. Of course, some starters may not be in at the end. Hopefully, VU and/ or Henderson can contribute effective minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X