X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metu and BB..

I know they probably won't but both of them need to come back for another year. If I was an NBA exec I would maybe draft Metu in the 2nd rd. As of right now he struggles against guys his size or bigger. Unless they want to play in the G League where they can develop their game. I will try to find out more about what the NBA thinks from a friend who is a GM for one of the better teams in the NBA...

Love Chimezie but he’s proven time & time again that he doesn’t play well vs players bigger or athletic post players than he is. He only had 4 rebounds last night (and as a team we were out rebounded by 18). One of the guys on my avatar, Taj Gibson was never the biggest or the strongest but he played with so much tenacity that he was able to play very well vs players that were more talented and more heralded like a Kevin Love, and the Lopez twins. We need, I mean demand that type of toughness from our post players and I don’t see us ever getting over the hump until we get that type of attitude back.

Comment

Love Metu as well. He is projected to be late first round and could slide to second round if continue to show poor play vs good teams. He should come back for another year to get stronger, improve his offense and learn how to play defense. It will be nice to him and Rak back together next year. Bennie can come back too as bench player - even if 100% healthy. Well that will help solve our front court problems next year - wishful thinking but not far fetch hahaha✌

Comment

Nice 4 rebounds Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by FightOn6665 View Post
          Love Metu as well. He is projected to be late first round and could slide to second round if continue to show poor play vs good teams. He should come back for another year to get stronger, improve his offense and learn how to play defense. It will be nice to him and Rak back together next year. Bennie can come back too as bench player - even if 100% healthy. Well that will help solve our front court problems next year - wishful thinking but not far fetch hahaha✌
          In basketball, one does not learn how to just play defense. You either have the mentality/attitude to make it an absolute effort to prevent the opposition from scoring or at least making it difficult for them to or you don’t & almost 3 years into his time at USC we have a big enough sample size to say he doesn’t.

Comment

• FightOn6665
            FightOn6665 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for additional note. You are absolutely right with your assessment. But I do hope things change for him at SC or next level. Lighting could strike!

Yes, the desire to rebound has to be there. I think Rak will have the best NBA career out of the bigs (CM, BB, Rak).

Comment

Nic is turning into a good college player but he is not an nba prospect.

Comment

just watch .... plenty of tall semi un-athletic white guys have had decent careers in the NBA. Rak will be one of them. Rak is more efficient than BB or Metu for us.
              Last edited by Buzzie4USC; 02-11-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cabrillo_jaguar View Post

In basketball, one does not learn how to just play defense. You either have the mentality/attitude to make it an absolute effort to prevent the opposition from scoring or at least making it difficult for them to or you don’t & almost 3 years into his time at USC we have a big enough sample size to say he doesn’t.
                You nailed it right on the head..and it's called PRIDE. Defense is a mindset that you either have or don't have. CM has enough offensive talent where he doesn't have to try to impress NBA scouts trying to go coast to coast or shoot 3s. If he would just show more on the Defensive end and rebounding he would go in the 1st rd. Think of Clint Capella on Houston. Basically no offensive skills but was drafted because he could run, block shots, and catch lobs for dunks. Been in the league for a few years now and will have a nice NBA career. Another player is Jordan Bell who the Warriors paid $3M for his rights and he doesn't have nearly the offensive skills as CM. However he can run, rebound, and defend.

Comment

I think the team is better off without them. I would rather bring in a solid 4/5 grad transfer to pair with Rak

Comment

Originally posted by Eltrojano View Post
                    I think the team is better off without them. I would rather bring in a solid 4/5 grad transfer to pair with Rak
                    I wouldn't go that far just yet because as much as we dislike their deficiencies they do add offensive firepower to our team...just gotta take the good with the bad.

Comment

• Eltrojano
                      Eltrojano commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just seems to me that the team plays better when Rak and Ush are in there. Definitely better with BB on the bench. He is a very good player but he just seems out of sync because he is injured. They should hold him out until he ready to go 100%

Originally posted by G4sc View Post

I wouldn't go that far just yet because as much as we dislike their deficiencies they do add offensive firepower to our team...just gotta take the good with the bad.
                    I'd say outside of a few stretches, the team is better without Bennie. CM has also regressed this year. Does anyone remember if he got an eval? I'm really curious if he did as he seems to be taking some of it to heart a bit too much. Got skinnier (when he should have bulked up), started trying to play a bit more perimeter game, and even started shooting some 3's. HUH???

Comment

• PxPxTrojan
                      PxPxTrojan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And he's 1-16 in conference play on 3's...

Wow ...1-16 on 3s in conference...i didn't know it was that bad. Those 3s he hit against UCSB (?) were fool's gold. I do think AE needs an experienced head assistant coach next to him. Don't discount the fact that Sean Miller has Romar sitting next to him now....

Comment

There's this delusion that Bennie is a good 3 point shooter. Unfortunately, he's not. He's a lifetime .359 3-pt shooter and he's never been one of the top 250 players in the nation in 3-pt shooting. He currently leads the team in 3 pointers attempted with 130 and he's 7th on the team in 3-pt fg% (35%). Enfield apparently doesn't see this as an issue.

Comment

1-16 on 3's in conference play? Come on now. That's WAY off. He's 22/63

Comment

• PxPxTrojan
                          PxPxTrojan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was talking about metu in conference.
                      Working...
                      X