X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The season is not over ..

But we need to win and keep winning games rest of the way. And if we do get in the tourney as Last Four In πŸ™, my guess is that we will the most talented team to be in. And that I think we will give the higher seeded team a good game-tough match up. History shows we have the knack of playing good basketball in neutral field. We've lost 3 straight games (away, against very good teams) but Rak's development and play has been impressive. Plus hopefully we now have a healthy good Bennie off the bench. Hope we finish strong and peak at the right time. Upcoming 7-8 games, Trojan's let's go ✌

Agreed. Win out and make Pac-12 final, probably safely in as either last 4 in or a lower seed. Arizona could not miss last night, even on tough contested shots and our key shooters are cold again. Got to play 40 minutes of basketball instead of giving up when things don't go our way.

Comment

We will be favored in every game the rest of the way. This team plays best with its back against a wall (unfortunately). Getting to 22-9 to end the season is definitely within reach. Then, win 2 in the conference tourney and we’re looking at whether we get in at 24-10. I would think we would.

Comment

Have to hold on to second or third place. That would put us on the opposite side of the bracket of Arizona and potentially give us 3 quality wins (chance of playing ASU, UCLA, Arizona).

Comment

When you get the schedule every year and you see at Zona you pencil that in as a loss. They are top 5 talent. I am upset however we couldnt beat any tourney teams so far. smu blowout and they arent gonna make tourney. Our best wins are against tournament mid majors and at oregon. Btw Oregon and Utah have improved tremendously since we last played them because they have the two best coaches in the conference. I would not be surprised if we lose either of those down the stretch. I think we go 3-2 and at 20-11 we will need to win two more in Vegas to feel comfortable 22-12 should be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsinformationdirector View Post
            I am upset however we couldnt beat any tourney teams so far. smu blowout and they arent gonna make tourney. Our best wins are against tournament mid majors and at oregon. Btw Oregon and Utah have improved tremendously since we last played them because they have the two best coaches in the conference.
            I agree it is really awful that we didn't have too many quality win esp against our out of conference games. The SMU game actually feels like more the Arizona game. Final score is a blow out but we actually led at the half at that game. We played them close trailing 1 pt half way thru 2nd half and SMU slowly pulled away playing at home. SMU also underperformed this year I think, as they've beaten very good teams like Arizona and Wichita St (away).

As far as Utah's Larry K as being one of the best coaches in the conference, that is debatable and I strongly disagree.
            2011-2012, 3-15, 6-25 (conf rec, overall)
            2012-2013, 5-13, 15-18
            2013-2014, 9-9, 21-12 (NIT)
            2014-2015,13-5, 26-9 (sweet 16)
            2015-2016, 13-5, 27-9 (second round)
            2016-2017, 11-7, 20-12, NIT
            2017-2018 most likely NIT
            2018- beyond I like our progam's chances of having better record and making the tourney

I think Larry K is a great leader and a very good coach. But in my opinion based on W-L, and tourney records the past 7 yrs, and/or past 3 yrs, I don't think he is one of best two coaches in the conference. Amazingly, IF somehow, we make the tourney, I think SC will be one of the three teams to make dance each year the past 3 yrs (SC, Arizona and UCLA if they also make it - i could be wrong with my info here).

But I'd be interested to hear what others think about Larry K.

Comment

• swamdog
              swamdog commented
              Editing a comment
              UCLA didn't make the tournament 2 years ago
          Working...
          X