X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jules Bernard commits to UCLA

He gives UCLA its 2nd commitment.

As expected. FWIW they're in contention for Anfernee Simons supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by cabrillo_jaguar View Post
      FWIW they're in contention for Anfernee Simons supposedly.
      I have not heard that. I did read that UCLA offered wing Kevin Zheng and that he's likely to commit.

Comment

Sure would be nice if Cassius Stanley would commit to us soon. But, who knows how long before we get another commit with this Tony Bland thing hanging over our heads.

Comment

Originally posted by 1troydoc View Post
          Sure would be nice if Cassius Stanley would commit to us soon. But, who knows how long before we get another commit with this Tony Bland thing hanging over our heads.
          Stanley has to officially reclass first before he can commit as an '18 prospect. And that might not get finalize until the Spring anyhow.

But Singleton/ Bernard/ Zhang takes 3 spots and all at the Wing position (not sure if Zhang can play the post at a Pac caliber level). Ruins still in dire need of a PG.
          Last edited by TrojanRay1; 10-10-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Doubt Cassius is reclassifying.

Comment

Any update on Elijah Weaver?

Comment

Originally posted by trojan_fan View Post
                I just don't know how anyone can feel that we can still get Weaver. Maybe he shocks the world and says he is coming to USC because he is making a life decision and not a decision based on 1 or 2 years.....

Comment

Originally posted by trojan_fan View Post
                  Jeff Borzello had a note yesterday on ESPN that Weaver was ready to commit, but posted a decision date following the FBI arrests.

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanMindSC View Post

I just don't know how anyone can feel that we can still get Weaver. Maybe he shocks the world and says he is coming to USC because he is making a life decision and not a decision based on 1 or 2 years.....
                    Let's see if he re-opens his recruitment. Right now, the only schools he's visited are Florida (full at PG), Ohio State, Oklahoma State (also caught up in this) and SC.

Comment

He's definitely postponed his commitment date, all but set to USC. Still think he winds up at USC.

Comment

By many accounts he was set to commit
                        to USC. Hopefully this all shakes out positively.
                        Last edited by phear_sc; 10-11-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Given how much talk there is of more FBI info coming out in the coming weeks against other schools, I wonder if guys opt against signing LOIs, and sign scholarship agreements that bind the school to the player, but not the player to the school. We do this with the EEs in football, and I'd imagine some kids are terrified they'll sign with a school and then find out after the fact it's a Louisville scenario.

Comment

Working...
                          X