X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phear_sc View Post
    I think if we can come to a quick resolution he'll be back in the fold. The longer this drags out the less likely we are to get him back and the more likely we are to lose additional commits.
    With signing period less than a month away, I'm guessing he's hoping to solidify his decision much sooner. That is, unless he decides to hold off until the spring to sign his NLI. Very disheartening nonetheless. Can the season start already???

Comment

Why would ANY kid sign during the early signing period? There is still a lot of stuff to hit the fan and who knows who is going to be implicated in the next few months.

Comment

I think we keep Cherry and lose Porter to Gonzaga. My friend who went to Gonzaga is confident that Few will flip him. Cherry has some ties to us and a California kid. I think ucla is trying but since they may also be implicated, they are out as is AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by DanCSC View Post
          I think we keep Cherry and lose Porter to Gonzaga. My friend who went to Gonzaga is confident that Few will flip him. Cherry has some ties to us and a California kid. I think ucla is trying but since they may also be implicated, they are out as is AZ.
          Contrary to popular myth, Few is dirty. I would not rule him out at all.

Comment

USC has to clean up this mess before it spreads further.
            The longer Enfield doesn't say anything it implicates him. He has to
            go out and say he doesn't not like this practice. Otherwise his silence
            says he knew all about it.
            USC has not profited in bb from this kind of practice. Maybe Kentucky, Duke,
            Louisville.
            The faster USC comes clean with public statements, the quicker this will be
            resolved.

Comment

CAE has been advised not to comment on this publicly. He's in a tough spot. Seen a tweet that 20 out of the 22 questions asked during media day were all in regards to the investigation. Now what he's telling recruits could be something totally different. What doesn't help is that the program is now placed in a spot where other programs can come in and get in the ears of other recruits. IMO season just needs to hurry up and for the team to get into a fast start regardless of the allegations.

Comment

Originally posted by USC_Ventura View Post
                Louisville.
                resolved.
                USC will not permit Enfield to publicly comment until Freeh clears him. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by phear_sc View Post
                  I think if we can come to a quick resolution he'll be back in the fold. The longer this drags out the less likely we are to get him back and the more likely we are to lose additional commits.
                  This is probably a meaningless oversight on Brooks' part, but his twitter page still has him as an SC commit and his background picture is still SC related. I'm probably grasping at straws but I'd love that to mean that we're still in it for him.

Comment

Louisville.
                    resolved.
                    Enfield has already denied any knowledge of this and I really really doubt he knew this was going on. There was no benefit to the program and he isn't risking his professional career to make 13k on the side with his salary.

Under normal circumstances, this goes away quickly. Unfortunately, the NCAA might not act for a long time here and we will have a cloud over our heads for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanMindSC View Post

Enfield has already denied any knowledge of this and I really really doubt he knew this was going on. There was no benefit to the program and he isn't risking his professional career to make 13k on the side with his salary.

Under normal circumstances, this goes away quickly. Unfortunately, the NCAA might not act for a long time here and we will have a cloud over our heads for awhile.
                      First we need to hear from the internal investigation, which I feel will not find CAE involved. Then we wait on the NCAA.

Comment

• DanCSC
                        DanCSC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just one problem which scares me. Some people have mentioned that the new NCAA rules state the head coach is culpable for the actions of his/her assistants. Can someone clarify?

From what I have read Enfield was not aware of what was going on. And it makes sense as he makes too much money to
                      do something so stupid for 13k.
                      And it is wise for the USC defense to wait until the charges and evidence is provided completely. It seems like Bland acted
                      alone in this manner as far as communications go. Whether actual money changed hands has to be proved.

Comment

From what I have read Enfield was not aware of what was going on. And it makes sense as he makes too much money to
                        do something so stupid for 13k.
                        And it is wise for the USC defense to wait until the charges and evidence is provided completely. It seems like Bland acted
                        alone in this manner as far as communications go. Whether actual money changed hands has to be proved.

What sticks out to me the most with the allegations is that Tony stated that they have gotten offers in the past, but the offer that Dawkins proposed to him at the time is perfect. So this could very well be a first time and first time only instance (I HOPE!!!!).

Comment

Working...
                        X