X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot overstate the importance of Elijah Weaver to USC

Big, strong, powerful, floor leader and defensive stalwart.
    That defines Elijah Weaver. It’s simply amazing with everything that is going on that USC coach Andy Enfield and assistant Chris Capko could not only get an official visit from Weaver, but to then seal the deal 🤝 and get his commitment. This is a statement to the many talents that coach Enfield possesses. What USC has accomplished on the court over the last two seasons is simply amazing. Enfield not only replaced the extremely unpopular Kevin O’Neil, but had a Herculean task of rebuilding a roster that was void of any division one legitimate talent. Enfield had a plan. Relentless on the recruiting front and extremely well organized, USC hoops should be extremely competitive in a highly competitive Pac12 conference.

Agreed. I still remember the hiring process to replace Kevin O'Neil. Pat Haden openly welcomed the top HS Coaches in the Southern Section and brainstormed with them on how to go about what type of style + leader would be best to help build program. Coaches like Gary McKnight, Derrick Taylor, Harvey Kitani and Ed Azaam were all brought in. From that moment, I know the University was in serious business.

Another milestone moment was bringing in Jason Hart and Tony Bland (ugh) to help recruit local talent like JMac, Chimezie Metu and Elijah Stewart. They were also very close collectively in signing Stanley Johnson, who wound up at UofA. CAE's vision has always been keeping the top talent home and leading USC into a Final 4. This could be the year the program is brought into new heights regardless of the off the court incident. FIGHT ON!!!

Comment

Working...
    X