X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI scrimmage today vs San Diego State

eager to see how the team performs. These games are usually on the hush. Hope to get a detailed stat sheet like in years past.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...028-story.html

USC 76 - SDSU 98

but what’s more concerning is that De’Anthony Melton did not play.

Comment

Yeesh. I had heard we lost 2 of the 3 20-minute periods, but this score is far worse than I had heard.

And, I guess, the Melton news is now kind of public.

Comment

this tweet says that Melton did in fact play (which wouldn't help that SC lost big time to SDSU anyhow)

https://twitter.com/DMorton78/status/924474504104964096

Comment

No excuses for CAE this year. This year we find out if he can coach or just put together a really talented roster.

Comment

Not what I would have expected at all. Very concerning. Hopefully a wakeup call if it went down as reported (maybe we were trying all kinds of new things and personnel?)

Comment

If they actually lost to SDSU in a scrimmage maybe the players should start reading about how good their supposed to be. Or maybe not!!!!

Comment

The sky is not falling

Comment

This might be me reading into things that aren’t there, but my season tix showed up yesterday and Melton wasn’t featured on any of the tickets. There were other guys who weren’t featured as well (Henderson and the freshman), but I thought that was a little ominous considering Melton is supposed to be a really big part of this team.

Comment

The tickets were probably designed before the FBI investigation was announced. Unless of course they made a last minute change.

Comment

I'm sure it's as a precaution, nothing more.

Comment

Not worried at all about a performance in a scrimmage. Could be trying new plays, different combos of players, working through plays rather than just take the first good shot, etc. If you are just playing to win in a scrimmage, you aren't interested in learning as to how to make your team better.

Regarding Melton, so it's safe to assume he is the player in the FBI report? I really hope they don't hold these players in limbo for months. Could we just suspend him the first 10 games and hope that buys us time and the NCAA accepts that? It sure would be better to have him sit in November vs. Jan-March.

Comment

Working...
                        X