X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up coming season

I'm on the east coast,how do we get fans and student body excited about up coming season. Fill the #Galen Center

Wow guys give me something...best answer and I will leave you two at will call Friday.#FightOn

Comment

I already have my season tix so no need for will call but I think the best remedy is just to win. Unfortunately basketball starts at the peak of football season and during finals / christmas break.

Where do you sit Henry? I’ll come by and say hello.

Comment

• HenryUsher
        HenryUsher commented
        Editing a comment
        I wont be in town Friday I will be watching on Pac 12 network But when I'm in town I will let you know

I'll try to come to the ucla game and stop by and say hi. It sucks being stuck in the Silicon Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyAreaCA View Post
        I'll try to come to the ucla game and stop by and say hi. It sucks being stuck in the Silicon Valley.
        I'm in Atlanta

Comment

• TroyAreaCA
          TroyAreaCA commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL. no excuses for me now.

Originally posted by HenryUsher View Post

I'm in Atlanta
        None

Comment

Top 10 does not hurt. Its a great facility, the games are very fun, LA is a bandwagon town. Watch the momentum grow

Comment

Originally posted by Section118 View Post
            Top 10 does not hurt. Its a great facility, the games are very fun, LA is a bandwagon town. Watch the momentum grow
            When I toured the facility I was very impressed . Get the fans out gonna be a great ride. Don't jump on late #fighton Meeting the AD was awesome, watched him growing up ...Super visit

Comment

From the few videos I have seen of Jordan and from the statements made by CAE about him recently, I execpt the "Energizer Bunny" to be a fan favorite and bring in more fans.
              He would have been a perfect fit in Nolan Richardson's "40 minutes of Hell" system he ran at Arkansas. Can't wait to get out to Galen!

Comment

We're on the same page Mr. Usher!!
                First off,
                Promotions!! Promotions!! Promotions!!
                We can get the students super involved by offering free pizza or burgers or burritos if this team scores over 100 points!! Or if they get 10 dunks and/or 10 steals (just throwing some ideas out there). The athletic and marketing dept must take the lead on this!! This is the year to do this!! We have one of the best teams in the country.
                Second, high school teams near campus and further out must be given a chance to see this exciting team for an awesome group discount price. I'm talking upper level seats. Just show your school ID.
                USC is on the rise, everyone is talking SCBB.
                Obviously for some of the marquee games tix will be in demand. But the other games are perfect for major promotions.
                Also we have a great DJ. Let's continue to use him and music to get fans and students super involved.

Fight On!!!

Comment

• swamdog
                  swamdog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I concur. The athletic department needs to promote the heck out of this team and future USC basketball. USC basketball is on it's way too being a national power and the athletic department needs to get behind basketball as much as football.

Originally posted by fasteddie4sc View Post
                We're on the same page Mr. Usher!!
                First off,
                Promotions!! Promotions!! Promotions!!
                We can get the students super involved by offering free pizza or burgers or burritos if this team scores over 100 points!! Or if they get 10 dunks and/or 10 steals (just throwing some ideas out there). The athletic and marketing dept must take the lead on this!! This is the year to do this!! We have one of the best teams in the country.
                Second, high school teams near campus and further out must be given a chance to see this exciting team for an awesome group discount price. I'm talking upper level seats. Just show your school ID.
                USC is on the rise, everyone is talking SCBB.
                Obviously for some of the marquee games tix will be in demand. But the other games are perfect for major promotions.
                Also we have a great DJ. Let's continue to use him and music to get fans and students super involved.

Fight On!!!
                I will be there for a home game soon

Comment

I will be there for a home game soon
                  My first game will be at Vanderbilt since it's close to me

Comment

More exposure will definitely help. It's time the Athletic Dept. promotes basketball as much as football.

I'm going to try and make as many games as I can. Can't wait for the season to start on Friday!! I haven't been this hyped for a season since Granville, Clancy, Scalabrine, Bluthenthal, and Trepagnier. Beat the Titans!

Comment

I'm on the east coast,how do we get fans and student body excited about up coming season. Fill the #Galen Center
                      I have been following USC B-ball for a long time, since I was a freshman living off campus at the Hoover House across the street from the old 32nd Street Market.....probably the last time USC was ranked #1 in basketball (Westphal / Riley / Layton - '70-'71 team). I can tell you that the way the arena will be filled is when the team is winning big-time again. (Like it was for the Westphal / Riley team, the Gus Williams / Lambert team, the Harold Miner team, the Clancy / Scalabrine team, the Mayo / Gibson team.) My prediction is that momentum will build during the pre-conference games and by the time we are in conference, the Galen will be rocking.
                      Last edited by wes4usc; 11-08-2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Hello Mr. Usher, I've been waiting for a loaded team like this one to come along for a while. Enfield and company have done a fine job rebuilding the program. As for getting more fans to Galen, I really think it starts with the student body. When designing Galen, they really should have put the student section in view of the camera like Duke and Grand Canyon do - instead all viewers see is sleepy alumni and going to games doesn't look that fun. I think the marketing department tried to rebrand the USC basketball student section, but they came up with lame names. Would you rather be a Cameron Crazy, a GCU Havoc or be in Kingdom of Troy. So, the best way to me would be to move the student section in front of the camera, enlist some hardcore student fans to build and lead an elite group of 50+ basketball fanatics who are guaranteed seats on camera every home game. Work with the DJ to build a fun atmosphere that turns Galen into the night's social event. Once the students consider home games can't miss like football, the alumni will want to show up too. As for what the players like your son could do, if they give love and access to the most hardcore student basketball fanatics (take pics after games, etc.) these students will want to keep showing up. Winning helps too, but the games need to become more of a social affair and right now the home game against UCLA is the only guarantee in that department. Fight On and looking forward to a great year from the team.

Comment

Working...
                        X