X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting development with De’Anthony Melton..

https://twitter.com/nathanfenno/stat...21731574693888

looks like USC is being EXTRA careful. Hope this gets cleared up soon.

Love Melton. But it is in USC best interest to be extra careful; FBI clearance is good but we really need to wait for NCAA clearance. Hopeful he will get NCAA clearance soon.

Comment

Not exactly sure what is so interesting here.

USC seems to be approaching this incorrectly - which isn’t surprising given the leadership.

Comment

Enfield said in press conference after game that he hopes to have Melton back “very soon”. Maybe just positive coach-speak there, but combined with Melton’s lawyer statement has me wondering. Had thought best case he comes back for conference and now more optimistic it could be sooner. Who the hell knows though...

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanMindSC View Post
          Not exactly sure what is so interesting here.

USC seems to be approaching this incorrectly - which isn’t surprising given the leadership.
          Interesting part for me was the follow up tweet...per his lawyer, "He hopes that USC will demonstrate the same level of loyalty and commitment to him that he has given to the school and the USC basketball program."

NCAA hasn’t publicly stated he’s ineligible, so what’s the hold up? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by cabrillo_jaguar View Post

Interesting part for me was the follow up tweet...per his lawyer, "He hopes that USC will demonstrate the same level of loyalty and commitment to him that he has given to the school and the USC basketball program."

NCAA hasn’t publicly stated he’s ineligible, so what’s the hold up? Hmmm...
            That lawyer's comment makes me think that there is concern that USC is going to be overly cautious and completely overreact and screw Melton.

The NCAA isn't going to publicly state anyone in this case is ineligible until they do a full investigation, which could be years. It is up to USC at this point to investigate and declare him ineligible and then ask the NCAA to reinstate him.

Comment

The press release comment about Family and the Lawyers statement leads me to believe this is a pretty rocky situation.

Comment

From the sounds of this Melton had nothing to do with this, I hope USC does not do its typical overplay the sitiuation

Comment

Hearing that he will likely miss our first 2 games only....

Comment

Working...
                  X