X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was pretty clear SC came out with a really lackluster effort. NDSU, on the other hand, played the entire game like it was an NCAA Tournament game. SC didn't seem into it until towards the end of the second half.

My number one impression is Metu is not getting enough looks inside. Too many three's, especially on a cold shooting night from beyond the arc.

It's nice to see SC get top ten treatment from the refs at home.

Free throw shooting is a disaster.

Same crappy play closing out leads. Had NDSU hit that three when it was 71-68, game would've been a nailbiter at the end. This is something that plagued SC last year and eventually they lost a game with big lead with almost no time left (ASU game in Tempe). I predict SC has another inexplicable loss. Is it really that hard to play smart with a lead with 2 min or less remaining???

Racekovic injury looked bad. Hope he's okay.

Still won by double digits.

Melton come back soon PLZ.

Just my amateur thoughts.

Long season. Get better. Not going to freak out. 2-0.

Comment

Hey Coach Enfield,your zone SUCKS!! Look at the game film and watch your guys run around without any purpose. Hunter is killing you in the zone. If you love your zone so much go box and one. You need to play your best defenders in a man defense. Your players lack the discipline to play a good zone. We were fortunate to play an inferior opponent and got some home cooking from the refs. I expected so much more. Hopefully, with Rak and Melton coming back the team will look different.

Comment

Good night Irene.

Comment

Tee Martin coaching tonight?

Comment

Felt like one of our early games last season. Offense needs work. Too many mediocre shots early in the shot clock and isolation for my taste. I think the defense has actually looked better than early last season. I'm loving the extended pressure.

Whole right now is less than the sum of the parts. Hopefully it will just take some time to gel.

Comment

Geez. I got toasted by Marty after saying I was concerned with the San Diego exhibition.

Comment

aauscout,show me on this board where I did that or are you posting with another handle on another board? BTW,exhibition games are meaningless.

Comment

Missed their 1st 5 shots of the game.
                  Players being selfish individually on offense for most of the game.
                  Just terrible FT shooting from players that should be close to 80%, e,g,, Bennie, JMac, & Matthews. 17-31 as a team.
                  Metu with some very lazy defense. When he gets 2 fouls early he tends to turtle up.
                  The defensive rebounding in the 1st half was almost non-existant.
                  Too many missed lay ups.
                  JMac missed how many shots last night?
                  The 2/3 zone looks good on the baseline but too loose at the top. NDSU was very methodical moving the ball till late in the clock, and that's how you soften a zone and create open looks.

If the team played the whole game like they did the last 5 minutes, the game is a rout.

Comment

• TroyD
                    TroyD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JMad was one of the big reasons why we won. The offense looked really bad when he wasn't on the floor.
                    Last edited by TroyD; 11-14-2017, 10:16 AM.

Geez, people. They'll be fine. Closing out on NDSU's 3-point shooters was an issue, but the Trojans shot horribly from the free throw line and the arc. If we hit last year's averages, we add 8 points to our total. JMac missed a few shots he normally makes, too. Elijah missed an easy reverse layup. These are not systemic issues. Just cold shooting from normally reliable players. If they hit all those, we've got a 20+ margin of victory. Also, it looked to me that Enfield was testing whether or not he could pull a Paul Westhead kinda game out of the boys. This is the time to experiment if that's the case.

Also, basketball is a looooong season with almost 40 games. There's going to be some ugly victories and probably a couple of bad losses, too. In the end, I think we'll be contending for the PAC12 title and hopefully elite 8/final 4. Just too early to sweat too much over this, though. Just my opinion.

Comment

• FightOn6665
                    FightOn6665 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This would be my take. Good insight ob4sc. The "usual suspects" are back when team is not playing well. But I do understand their frustration. It is just one of those nights and happy we got the W.

Originally posted by ob4sc View Post
                  Geez, people. They'll be fine. Closing out on NDSU's 3-point shooters was an issue, but the Trojans shot horribly from the free throw line and the arc. If we hit last year's averages, we add 8 points to our total. JMac missed a few shots he normally makes, too. Elijah missed an easy reverse layup. These are not systemic issues. Just cold shooting from normally reliable players. If they hit all those, we've got a 20+ margin of victory. Also, it looked to me that Enfield was testing whether or not he could pull a Paul Westhead kinda game out of the boys. This is the time to experiment if that's the case.

Also, basketball is a looooong season with almost 40 games. There's going to be some ugly victories and probably a couple of bad losses, too. In the end, I think we'll be contending for the PAC12 title and hopefully elite 8/final 4. Just too early to sweat too much over this, though. Just my opinion.
                  Solid take.

Comment

it didn't help that we couldn't hit any shots in the beginning. You could just feel there was no energy in the Galen and maybe the less than 3,000 in attendance had something do with that. Still seems to amaze me that we can't concentrate on shutting down the opponent's one hot scorer for the night which was #22. The good points to take from the game is the full court press after made fts and Bennie developing a post game. In the end we just had the better athletes and that was too much for the Bison..

Comment

Stewart had a really bad game both defensively and offensively. The team hasn't looked good with Thornton running the offense. We are missing Melton running back up PG.
                      Last edited by TroyD; 11-14-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Just like san diego state

Comment

Man just looked at the attendance from last game...~2,400. That's brutal. I know everyone is ripping on the team for being sloppy but they certainly weren't getting much lift from the crowd last night. Really hope that more people jump on the bandwagon and recognize how good this team can be.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyD View Post
                            Stewart had a really bad game both defensively and offensively. The team hasn't looked good with Thornton running the offense. We are missing Melton running back up PG.
                            Let's keep in mind that Thornton had an entire season off from competitive basketball.

DT flashes really well, but, no, right now he is not nearly the consistent PG that JMac.

But that doesn't mean DT doesn't have a very high upside.

He is also likely to be our PG next season.

I am 100% for playing him and getting the rust off. It's gonna take some time, and will look ugly here and there. But I'm telling you, we will be happy we did it.

Comment

Working...
                            X